• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sapphire or gigabyte ref 290s?

Neon01

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
1,072
I know they're both quality brands, but I'm in a position to decide, and need a bit of advice. They will be water cooled, if that matters. Gigabyte appears to have better warranty at three years to sapphires two, but I'm not sure if either are transferable.

Also, I read that both are friendly for rma repairs even if you've removed the stock cooler in favor of water block, but the terms on sapphires page do prohibit this (at least officially). Gigabyte didn't say anything specific.

I've read that sapphire can be undervolted. Don't know if this applies to gigabyte or not...

Thanks
 
Back
Top