• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sapphire or Diamond 4870?

Mekanic01

Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
927
That's all that's in stock at newegg, unless maybe somebody knows who has visionteks in stock. Which should I get, I want to make my order for my new system asap
 
I will never own another diamond product. they have a long history of discontinuing support for products, esp if there is a problem (edge 3D anyone?)

JM2C
 
I will never own another diamond product. they have a long history of discontinuing support for products, esp if there is a problem (edge 3D anyone?)

JM2C

I thought the new Diamond is unrelated to the old company?
 
I thought the new Diamond is unrelated to the old company?

I don't know to be truthful. it would have been a hell of a name to pick up though. I thought they had just taken a break out of the graphic card market for about 7 years or so.
 
i loved my viper 770ultra!!

only if they would give a longer warranty then 1yr.. I'd pick them up in a heartbeat..
 
I don't know to be truthful. it would have been a hell of a name to pick up though. I thought they had just taken a break out of the graphic card market for about 7 years or so.

This is correct, another company now owns the Diamond name (Best Data). The original Diamond is now called SONICblue. (Diamond+S3).

Whether or not these new guys are better or not is unknown to me, i've heard very little about Diamond since them resurfacing.

What I can tell you from personal experience is Sapphire's RMA and Customer Service is pretty bad, i'd avoid that route if possible.
 
Back
Top