Sapphire hd 7950 $199.99 after $20 mir + 3 games or $177.99 with v.me

Hmm just saw this on my twit feed.don't know if i should sell my 7870xt(tahitti le) just six-eight weeks before the new series drops.:confused:

I'm probably gonna jump on this.

Will probably sign up for V.me too if I can figure out what it is.

Any reason not to go with this specific 7950? kinda silly they range by about $75 for different versions / manufacturer

edit:

bought it, $198, $20 reward card, 3 free games, will sell my 2 current cards and hopefully get at least $120

quite a deal imo

thanks op

Last edited:
Nice. Better deal than the $180 single fan 7950 I bought last week IMO

It's a great deal for sure. I wish they would run a deal for a 7850 2gb card though. I would love to grab a second one for crossfire but I can't justify spending around $150 for a 7850 2gb to match with my first one when you can get a 7950 for these prices. Hopefully they will do a 7850 2gb for $120 AR or something like that.

If you guys aren't aware, the 10% off V.Me works on 760s, or any video card now.

If anyone's curious what V.Me is, it's just a secure way to pay with a CC. You just use your regular credit card, it's really simple. I only signed up to get the 10% discount. :)

I bought it for the same price last week....now thinking of getting a second lol

Mines quiet. Compared to the other fans. haha

LOL well to each their own I suppose. I just upgraded from a single fan 5850 so the noise was a noticeable jump for me. Going to see if I can adjust the fan settings this weekend.

Voltage unlocked? How's the fan noise? Very tempted.

MSI Afterburner did not work for me. Sapphire Trixx works, but it won't go back to 2D/idle voltage.

I bought two of these about 3 weeks ago. These cards have the the Dual BIOS. The fans were loud using the default Boost BIOS with 925/1250 1.25 VDDC. Using the non Boost BIOS (push the S button and it'll be lit blue) of 1.160 VDDC and same clocks (not sure why mines had the same clocks), the temps and fan noise was much better.

I used a BIOS editor to change VDDC down to 1.050 while keeping the same clocks, and IMO it's really quiet considering it's a high end video card.

how is this compared to the vapor X ?
Its $30 higher is it worth it?

ps v.me says it only works when you make a purchase of $249 or more

Last edited:
Back