Sapphire Dirt 3 Edition or Toxic HD 6950?

Mycelium

n00b
I've been trying to hold out and find an amazing deal on an unlock able 2GB HD6950 or 560ti open box. No luck though, so I may order a brand new Sapphire card today.

It appears all new Dirt 3 Edition cards are now unlocking with 100% rate using the bios switch. So I'm considering saving the money and just getting this over the Toxic edition.

What do you think? Is the toxic worth the extra money for potentially higher OC capability? How does the fan noise compare on reference style cards to the Dirt 3 edition? Should I be concerned about it spreading heat inside case rather then pulling out back like the reference design?

is the price difference worth a POSSIBLE slightly higher O/C? Doubtful.

I got my dirt 3 installed last night. unlocked simply with the bios switch. at the moment it's o/c'ed to 890/1350. haven't had much time to do more than play some deus ex revolution for 15 minutes. Deus ex crashed when i tried 900/1400 but i haven't done any real tweaking yet either.

it was running solid 60fps with highest detail everything and fxaa2 1920x1080. didn't try fxaa4

the fans are still on automatic and i never heard them. my CPU is watercooled and I have good ventilation in the case so I'm not worried about gpu heat in the case.

Where did you order your Dirt 3 edition from? I'd like to order from newegg but thinking about amazon to avoid tax.

amazon. it took about 5-6 days for it to leave the warehouse using supersaver shipping.

Ordered dirt 3 from newegg on Thursday. Chose 3 day guaranteed ups and it arrived Friday. Gotta love the multiple warehouse shipping with the egg. Immediately flipped the switch and it was unlocked. I'm at 880/[email protected] stable. Go dirt 3.

Woulda got from Newegg, but they wanted to charge shipping; which I felt was an attempt at marking up the price of the product for having Dirt 3.

BTW, who wants an AMD comic? LOL! I rather have Deus Ex again (to sell), and $15 off with free shipping.

Back