Sapphire 9800 Pro vs. Hercules 9800 Pro

I've been tacking up some nice extra cash lately and I'm facing a very hard dilemma - I want a video card upgrade from my Sapphire Atlantis 9500.

I'm looking on Newegg and I've been deciding between these two cards. The main quarrel between these two are price and overclockability. The Sapphire card is cheaper, but does it perform nearly as well as the acclaimed Hercules 9800? Plus, I just love the copper heatsinks and blue PCB on the Hercules, if I would get cosmetic.

Any insight on which one might be the better investment would be appreciated.

Dark Assassin

You could always add some ramsinks and replace the cooler on the sapphire if you want to. The 9800 pro sapphire is going for something in the $260 range on newegg. I don't know what the price on the hercules is, but the sapphire is a hell of a deal regardless

I think most of the 9800 128 pros are almost the same. I would personally go with the Sapphire because of it's price.

My real search is if anyone knows of any reviews offhand that might compare the two. Or at least just a dedicated review on either card. I haven't had the time lately to go searching for them.

Dark Assassin

All 9800 Pros perform the same, get the cheaper one.

I have the Hercules card, it is a great card, but if you don't have a case window why bother with the bling bling.

I would have gotten a cheaper card except this was a gift from the wife.

I know this is kinda silly, but has Hercules changed their web site lately. It kinda blows last time I checked, so I'd get the Sapphire. That is if it comes down to splitting hairs and justifying one over the other, hehe. :D

Back