• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sapphire 5970 cold boot issue

cc2096

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
1,670
Anyone with a Sapphire 5970 OC edition having cold boot issues? When I do a cold boot if I have all three monitor connections connected (2x DVI & 1x miniDP) the card locks up and the fan goes into overdrive. The PC won't boot at all until I disconnect the miniDP connector and reboot. Also on the back of the card there is two red lights that only come on during this condition.

Anyone else experiencing this?
 
Anyone with a Sapphire 5970 OC edition having cold boot issues? When I do a cold boot if I have all three monitor connections connected (2x DVI & 1x miniDP) the card locks up and the fan goes into overdrive. The PC won't boot at all until I disconnect the miniDP connector and reboot. Also on the back of the card there is two red lights that only come on during this condition.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've heard of cold boot issues but not exactly in that context. If I were you, I would RMA that card and cite the cold boot error. If you got it from Newegg within the last 30 days you can usually get hasslefree RMA. If you deal with Sapphire directly, they will refer you too Althon Micro who handles their RMAs.

It takes a few weeks but that company seems to do a real good job on RMAs. When i RMA'd my sapphire 5970 OC, they sent me back a video card that looked BRAND NEW off the assembly line. PS if you go this route, DON'T send them your original box or accessories. They only want the video card and they will only be sending you back a video card (appropriately wrapped and protected of course).
 
Back
Top