sapphire 5870 problem

Spun Ducky

Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
757
So I have had my eyefinity setup going for a while with my sapphire 5870, however there is an issue I noticed. One of my DVI ports on the card is dead. I would normally be up in arms about a RMA for the card but I use one DVI,HDMI, and DP ports to do my eyefinity. THe other issue is it seems getting a 5870 right now isn't the easiest task. So I am asking you hardware gurus if the bad port could eventually kill the rest of the card or for my purposes just ignore the issue until there is more stock around to RMA? I appreciate any angles you guys can give me on this issue.
 
The HDMI port takes up one of the DVI slots.

If you use HDMI, you can only use 1 of the 2 DVI slots.
 
Back
Top