Sapphire 5850 in Stock @ Newegg

Just spotted it. Thanks! :D :D

Now Sapphire is a respected company in these parts, right? Just about to bite on this one...even at $420.

Get that now, the best 5870 you can get at this point.

Nice of Newegg to raise it up $10 more when it comes in stock.

Yeah, didn't anticipate yet another price raise, but at least I got my order in. Free 6 foot HDMI cable with the combo deal.

Now to figure out the last couple parts so I'll be ready for gaming goodness next week. :D

in stock now go go go go go!
i just got one :D

Last edited:
The 5850 is still in stock but it now costs $310, which is $50 above its original price of $260. At $260, the price/performance ratio of the 5850 was extremely compelling but the 20% price rise has changed the equation. I don't think it's such a great value anymore. Unless there's some absolutely pressing reason you need to upgrade now, I'd pass on the card at its current elevated price point and wait till supply increases or demand diminishes and prices drop accordingly. This is coming from someone who bought a Gigabyte 5870 when it was $390. Just my two cents.

Yes, how dare they operate in a capitalistic fashion. Where do they think this is, America?

It's even worse how they hold guns to people's heads and FORCE them to buy these very important video cards, that people need or their families may starve. Oh wait, they just push worthless pictures around on huge LCD monitors that people dont need at all to begin with, my bad.

The only mistake newegg made here is not raising the prices until they dont go out of stock anymore, which means obviously higher than they are.

At $260, the price/performance ratio of the 5850 was extremely compelling but the 20% price rise has changed the equation. I don't think it's such a great value anymore.
Agreed. I'll continue to wait for my order at Amazon for a $260 XFX 5850 to go through. I'm not expecting to see it until after Christmas.

Back