Sapphire 5850 for $289?

My one and only experience with Sapphire was a few years back.
It was an X1950 AGP card that died after 2 days....I had to pay $15.00 plus shipping for an RMA.
It took over 2 months to get my card back. I learned my lesson.

They may be better now, but I'm not willing to try and find out.

Haven't had a problem with my sapphire cards - 4830 and 5850. All the reference design cards are functionally equivalent - if the price is right, go for it.

I have had to RMA with sapphire 3 times. EVERY time my new card, and I do mean NEW not refurbished or OEM, came back within 4 weeks (not a bad turnover rate at all). great online and on the phone customer service, AND EVERY TIME they offered me an upgrade card for no extra cost! that last one was i had to rma my 4870 512mb because i flashed the bios with a bad bios file and they returned me an HD4890 1gb free!! I did have to pay the 15.00 fee but no biggie to me. imo sapphire has great rma service and 2 years is plenty of a warranty. lifetime warranty only mean lifetime of the product not your lifetime. BUT I personally would buy brands like this: HIS,Sapphire,asus,gigabyte,xfx. I loathe XFX because they screwed me hard out of my GTX260 core 216. had it for 6 months it dies so i sent it in, i got an email stating they were sending me my dead card back because it had been tampered/altered with!! I never even took the stock cooler off to change the thermal paste! never will I buy XFX unless its the only one in stock anywhere.

just my 2 cents the descision in the end is up to you. ;)

I bought that same deal through Amazon.com.

I'm pleased with my purchase. I also RMAd a 9500 Pro 128bit card after not being able to unlock it to 9700 mode.

So far no problems with my 5850! :)

Sapphire is a good brand. They've been around a long time. They are known for their quality especially with the vapor-x cards.

I finally took the plunge at Amazon for the 5850 through Buy.com. An extra $10 coupon took the price down to $275 with free shipping. I think there are 4 left last I checked.

Prices seem to be dropping a little. But $275 seems like a good deal for a new card that hits Nvidia 285 levels for $100 less.

Good buy! I'm also a Sapphire fan (mainly due to the fact that they end up being the cheapest ATI cards available or offer some one off weird-o cards like the 4860 and the 4850x2) Good to see 5850 card being reasonably priced...tho they really should be $260...Don't get me started on nVidia's insanity on charging $400 for the embarrassment that is the GTX 285 (embarrassment in that it costs that much in relation to the +/-equal performing Radeon 4890 and of course the 5800 series)

Personally guys, I'd just pay a little more for a different brand. I know I'm never going to buy sapphire after my RMA experience with them. I sent an X1900XTX, took me 2 months to get it back, and then it ended up being an X1900XT relfashed as an XTX (I confirmed by looking at the ram chips). From what I've read around, others had some pretty bad RMA experiences with them too. I'd gladly pay a few extra bucks to buy from a different brand.

I bought the 5850 from Amazon through Buy.com on 12/28/09 and still waiting for delivery. There is no tracking # or anything provided from either site. I hope that's the only con buying from them.

You know...When I was a kid I had a Hyundai Pony that was CRAP!!! Broke down so many times.....I'll never buy a Hyundai again! Whoa, that Genesis Coupe is pretty sweet

Back