Sapphire 4850x2 for $212 w/ coupon, $202 AR and more...

aShrubbery!

[H]ard|Gawd
Newegg is at it again... 10% off

Coupon code: MMCHVGA

Sapphire 4850x2 1GB for $212, $202 AR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lsclub&cm_mmc=AFC-Hotdealsclub-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA
Even if the MIR doesn't go through, it's only $10.

Sapphire 4870 512Mb $153 after coupon, No MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lsclub&cm_mmc=AFC-Hotdealsclub-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 2GB - $383 after coupon, No MIR

EVGA GTX 285 1GB for $315 after coupon, $295 AR

EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Superclocked 896MB Video Card $169 AR($20) and coupon
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130372&Tpk=N82E16814130372&nm_mc=AFC-Hotdealsclub&cm_mmc=AFC-Hotdealsclub-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA

EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB Video Card $177 AR($30) and coupon

Free shipping on all these.

4850x2 is only 1gb...

alright deals on the other ones though. too bad i live in CA, so id have to pay taxes.

You could argue that's a "weakness", but the only reason that deters me to get it is the fact that is a power hog, and loud as heck. Other than that.... :)

In my case, for the resolutions I'd play at the 4870 512Mb would be a sweet deal.

You could argue that's a "weakness", but the only reason that deters me to get it is the fact that is a power hog, and loud as heck. Other than that.... :)

Since when does a card that consumes 180 watts at load qualify as a power hog? The card's idle noise level is also overstated, like so many other things on the Interwebs.

Since when does a card that consumes 180 watts at load qualify as a power hog? The card's idle noise level is also overstated, like so many other things on the Interwebs.

Alright, it's a bit of an overstatement, but the source I got it from shows a higher power load.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/sapphire-hd4850x2_8.html#sect0

Still, only 45W difference, but still. I previously mentioned that for my current needs a 4870 would be the sweet spot (upgrading from a 8800 GTS G92), and that without breaking the bank. Also, almost twice the power as one 4870. To me, it's a little excessive.

But thanks for that link. Highly informative.

Ugh...could you please put 1GB in the title? I was hoping for the 2GB version.

Omg I am* retarded, since when is 10% of $234.99=$15? If they were actually 10% off, I would snatch up some tasty cards!

Fixed, didn't add the right code, got 1 letter off.

try entering that coupon code after its in your cart...voila!

Now go snatch up some tasty cards...as you say.

Sapphire 4850x2 2gb is $247.50 shipped

HIS 4870 512mb + 16gb flash + stalker = $134AR or $130 AR and after live cash back

Fantastic deals on both of those.

I really wanted the 4850x2 but I'm sure it'll be $200AR in a couple of months.

Also, almost twice the power as one 4870. To me, it's a little excessive.

You're comparing a card that has two 4850 cores on one PCB to a card that has one 4870 core on a PCB and expecting the 4850 X2 to have similar power consumption numbers? Huh?

But if you insist, from the article I linked to: 4870 reference card is rated at 166w. So for 14 more watts you get dual 4850 cores under load. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Sanitized link for the eVGA GTX 260 Superclocked: Link

The third item in the OP is actually a 4870 X2 2GB, not a 4870 2GB as typed.

Sapphire 4850x2 2gb is $247.50 shipped

HIS 4870 512mb + 16gb flash + stalker = $134AR or $130 AR and after live cash back

Fantastic deals on both of those.

I really wanted the 4850x2 but I'm sure it'll be $200AR in a couple of months.

I liked this deal too, I went and check the world rebates site to see what the big deal was with it, after entering the code for the rebate I COULDN'T FIND THE CARD WTF is that! I then searched for it manually and still couldn't locate the card! You won't get this rebate!

You're comparing a card that has two 4850 cores on one PCB to a card that has one 4870 core on a PCB and expecting the 4850 X2 to have similar power consumption numbers? Huh?

But if you insist, from the article I linked to: 4870 reference card is rated at 166w. So for 14 more watts you get dual 4850 cores under load. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Again, I spoke in light of the figures of the article I mentioned, not the one you posted. In that article the 4870 1Gb peaks at 130W full load while the 4850x2 peaks @225W full load. That's 95W difference, not 14W. Which one is correct?

Another drawback is the noise generated by the fans. Some have argued that the average efficiency of the cooler demands faster spinning fans to compensate for the cooler.

Yes, it is a very good deal, with mostly a coupon discount, even if I didn't get the rebate check. It was my first choice initially, but right now I am not willing to spend extra money for an aftermarket cooler for it. At $153 the 4870 was the better deal for me, even if the deals on the EVGAs were very tempting.

Man, I would LOVE to jump on the 4850x2 deal, but there are plenty of negatives on the
card, relative power usage, noise, scaling, bad drivers, lack of decent overclocking,
and all that heat exhausting INTO your case.

all though are hot as hell. and for a lot of people the 512mb version will be fine. 135 for a 4870 is kick ass. the 4850X2 at 1gb is still good though worth the extra 50 buck for the extra memory.

I LOVE PRICE WARS :D:

If HIS rebate quirks weren't a common thing you could've snagged a 4870 512Mb for a measly $129, shipped. Unfortunately, don't count on that rebate check to be paid out.

Again, I spoke in light of the figures of the article I mentioned, not the one you posted. In that article the 4870 1Gb peaks at 130W full load while the 4850x2 peaks @225W full load. That's 95W difference, not 14W. Which one is correct?

Again, the point is that you're comparing a dual-core card to a single-core card, then complaining that the dual-core card consumes more power than the single-core card. That's not a fair comparison. Compare the 4870 X2 to the 4850 X2, not a single 4870 to the 4850 X2.

It was my first choice initially, but right now I am not willing to spend extra money for an aftermarket cooler for it. At $153 the 4870 was the better deal for me, even if the deals on the EVGAs were very tempting.

There are no aftermarket coolers for the 4850 X2. The best you can do is remove the shroud and slap two Zalman VF900 HSFs on the cores: idle temps will go down, load temps will go up.

Just wanted to post that this also works for the 512mb version of the HIS cards. I ordered one today.

The $30.00 rebate is gone now. Need to purchase by 02/28. BTW.....Worldwide Rebates is an excellent company to deal with. I went through them for 3 rebates & never had an issue! They issue you an e-mail once they get the paperwork & then a few days later, they will tell you it's been approved. I received my checks within 6-8 weeks every time.

You've really got to start posting something new.

hehe +rep

I had driver problems with my 4870x2 but they were resolved once I right clicked the setup and hit run as administrator... then it worked perfectly every time.

And? For a modern video card, 180w is almost obscenely low power draw. This is where GPU technology is at right now.
Obscenely low? I don't think so. For a high-end video card, it is the average. Let's not praise it as anything more than that.

Obscenely low? I don't think so. For a high-end video card, it is the average. Let's not praise it as anything more than that.

You're missing the fact that it's a dual GPU card. The fact that it consumes noticeably less power than many single GPU cards is precisely why its power consumption can be described as "obscenely low."

You're missing the fact that it's a dual GPU card. The fact that it consumes noticeably less power than many single GPU cards is precisely why its power consumption can be described as "obscenely low."
Didn't miss it. If you look at the HD4850 Crossfire numbers, they load at 210W; AMD saved 30W by eliminating a whole other PCB. I just think that sounds about right, not anything special. I'm much more impressed by the idle power usage :D. Anyway, to each his own, I don't want to derail the thread :cool:.

Didn't miss it. If you look at the HD4850 Crossfire numbers, they load at 210W; AMD saved 30W by eliminating a whole other PCB. I just think that sounds about right, not anything special. I'm much more impressed by the idle power usage :D. Anyway, to each his own, I don't want to derail the thread :cool:.

AMD/ATi didn't design the 4850 X2, Sapphire did. There is no 4850 X2 reference board.

Saving 30W over two separate cards without a reference design is pretty good in my eyes.

Does anyone know where I can find the rebate forms for the HIS 4870 and the Diesel flash drive? They aren't on the newegg site anymore.

Back