Saphire X800GTO problem

Tweakin

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently happened upon a x800gto and am having some serious issues with it.

When first looking at it, it's pretty apparent that it is 'heavily' used. There is adhesive on the memory (probably someone had after market cooling and put the stock back on) and writing (some in marker, some in pen) that doesn't look to be from the factory, is it probably from a refurb?

Anyway, the card has the following symptoms. In the BIOS with any other gpu, all menu links are orange, when using this card, some are orange, others are yellow or white. When the windows loading screen appears, there are several white dots and gradiants in the black background. When you get to the login screen, it's all screwed up- missing/misplaced text, the top half of the screen is on the bottom, the top half is starting to stretch down from the top. I have not yet been able to navigate to actually login to Windows.

So far I have only tested this on one machine. It's a budget s754, with a Biostar 6150 chipset, and a gig of corsair xms ram. The system is and has been in perfect working order.

So, I guess my question is... is there any possibility this card is not defective? When even the BIOS is effected, I can't come to any other conclusion.

Back