Sansa Fuze Internals

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
Well my ferret dragged a half full can of coke across my desk spilling coke everywhere. It got into my Fuze and while it still worked the wheel part of it did not. I tried to take it apart and clean it to see if it was salvageable but alas I rendered it trash.

Parts that made up the screen. The metal on the left was the back, then there was the piece that has white around it, then the silver part of the screen, then the other pieces of plastic above it were on top of that, and the screen itself folded on top of them.

Here's the board itself. The silver along the right is the battery that the screen sat on top of. The white connector in the middle is where the cable for the scroll wheel from the front connects to. I was unable to get that damned cable plugged back into it and thought maybe it flipped up to allow easier connecting, but nope.

I cracked the screen from the top left to the bottom right when I pried the front off. The screen still worked but was blacked out along the side of the cracks.

Oh well time for a new MP3 player.

Back