Sansa e280 question

Lazarey

Gawd
I read that it doesn't have "line out" and that means you can't use it with a AUX jack. Is this true? I wanted to use it with the AUX jack on my car stereo.

I wanted to get it tomorrow so I'd like to know ASAP. Thanks!

It probably doesn't have a dedicated line out jack, just the headphone jack, and you would just use the headphone jack to hook it to your car, just adjust the volume to low and adjust both the e280 and your decks volume to match your other source.

I am waiting for my e250 to arrive since I plan on using that in my car with my Kenwood.

It probably doesn't have a dedicated line out jack, just the headphone jack, and you would just use the headphone jack to hook it to your car, just adjust the volume to low and adjust both the e280 and your decks volume to match your other source.

I am waiting for my e250 to arrive since I plan on using that in my car with my Kenwood.

What IS dedicated line out jack?

Also, does anyone know if the Sansa View has a replaceable battery?

dedicated line out would mean that there is no volume control and no EQ settings done to it, sort of like the Line-Out on a Home CD Player (my old JVC unit happened to have 2 Line-Outs, one was variable, and that model is the only one I've seen that had that)

If I remember correctly, when I had my iPod hooked to my car with the Kenwood iPod adaptor, the volume setting on the iPod made no difference since it used the line out from the bottom connector on the iPod.

Dedicated "line out" is a "line level" signal meaning it's a constant voltage level that never changes for the output unlike a headphone level output which is variable. Line level outputs usually fall around the 1.25v area, sometimes less depending on the hardware.

For the eXXX series of Sansa players, setting the volume to about 65-70% output should give you an approximate "line level" signal that can be fed into the head unit in your car. If not, then up the volume a bit, but as you're doing it, make sure you adjust the head unit's volume down. Get the Sansa to a level you feel comfortable with - anything over 95% could introduce some distortion, so maybe 90-95% of the max volume would be the limit - and then adjust the head unit from that point on, leaving the Sansa alone.

Hope this helps...

Back