Simpson5774
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2005
- Messages
- 2,937
I didn't know if this was the right section to post this in so forgive me if im wrong.
For my problem. I have a sandisk sansa e260 with rockbox installed, it was a refurb I bought off of woot for 50 bucks last year. ive had it for about 5 months (since chrismtas time), it has gotten plenty of use, but now I have a problem, which came on randomly.
The connectors inside the headphone jack I have bent themselves in such a way that I can only get full audio if I have the headphones plugged in all the way, and I apply force (don't need much, pulling the connector while inside the jack towards the back of the unit. I managed to fix it enough (luck) so that It would work when I plugged it in all the way, At one point, the only way I could get full audio was too keep the connector about 3mm from fully being plugged in.
Any tips on howto repair this, illustrations or pics in this would be helpful. This really isn't an e260 specific problem, but its the device that I am having problems with.
For my problem. I have a sandisk sansa e260 with rockbox installed, it was a refurb I bought off of woot for 50 bucks last year. ive had it for about 5 months (since chrismtas time), it has gotten plenty of use, but now I have a problem, which came on randomly.
The connectors inside the headphone jack I have bent themselves in such a way that I can only get full audio if I have the headphones plugged in all the way, and I apply force (don't need much, pulling the connector while inside the jack towards the back of the unit. I managed to fix it enough (luck) so that It would work when I plugged it in all the way, At one point, the only way I could get full audio was too keep the connector about 3mm from fully being plugged in.
Any tips on howto repair this, illustrations or pics in this would be helpful. This really isn't an e260 specific problem, but its the device that I am having problems with.