Sandy Bridge Recall

this fucking sucks I was just about to place my sandy bridge order today. Now im not

Just sold my i7-920 and MB or I'd just take this back...

Hopefully they keep working until March or whenever we can get new boards :(

I am about to receive my hardware delivery from UPS in about an hour. I purchased 2 Asus boards for my 2 builds: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
and the:
ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Should I go through with the builds and wait for the recall notice? Or should I return them and purchase new boards?
I was like a kid on Christmas morning earlier today and now I feel like Santa was in an accident and is not coming...
What to do?

I am about to receive my hardware delivery from UPS in about an hour. I purchased 2 Asus boards for my 2 builds: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
and the:
ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Should I go through with the builds and wait for the recall notice? Or should I return them and purchase new boards?
I was like a kid on Christmas morning earlier today and now I feel like Santa was in an accident and is not coming...
What to do?

Mine is on a truck too. I'm refusing shipment. Newegg said when it gets back to them they will automatically RMA my order and will have a refund 2-5 business days.

I heard a rumor of motherboard prices rising soon due to lack of supply, not quite what it turned out to be lol...

Well I guess my indecisiveness in choosing a motherboard all last week wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Regarding RMA some things to consider though -

- shipping cost and issues for the end user
- turn around time, shipping time (could be without it for quite a while, not just a few days)

Mine is on a truck too. I'm refusing shipment. Newegg said when it gets back to them they will automatically RMA my order and will have a refund 2-5 business days.

Refusing just the mobos?
My entire order soup to nuts is in that order. Damn.

I just got off the phone with Asus tech support and was told to go ahead and install my 2 boards and if there is a recall they will notify me and do an advance replacement if needed. (if available)
I just received my order and I'm installing them now.
They are testing the boards to see which is affected and he would not comment on much more than that.

this thread filled with misinformation really didn't need bumping. First, it's not a 'sandy bridge' recall. Second, it's not just Asus that's affected. But this has already all been discussed elsewhere.

Back