• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sandy Bridge Prices

ParasiticJ

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
267
So there is a retailer out there with the i5 2500k on sale for $189. This is the cheapest I have seen online (no I am not near a micro center). Do we have any idea whether or not Sandy Bridge E will bring down the cost of regular Sandy Bridge processors and if so, should I just hold off?

Normally I would just pull the trigger now and not care if the price comes down, but I'm on a pretty tight budget.

Thanks in Advance.

J
 
Sandy Bridge E more than likely won't since its a new enthusiast socket(Read Uber Expensive). Ivy Bridge on the other hand probably will.
 
Gotcha. By and large, that was my thought process as well.

Waiting for Sandy Bridge E is one thing, waiting for Ivy is another. I'll prob just purchase the 2500k now. It's a great processor and I doubt Ivy will produce HUGE differences in my purposes (gaming).
 
If things with sb-e end up where most expect, the price-performance will still be with 1155. It's only if you can use more cores, pic-e lanes (tri-sli/fire+), or quad channel memory effectively that will likely make 2011 a good buy.
 
Microcenter has the i5 2500k for 179 but its in store only.
 
Based on the way are right now I wouldn’t expect to see a price drop on the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K as this processor has sold very well and doesn’t have anything directly pushing down its price. Now with the release of the Intel Core i7-2700K I can see the price of the Intel Core i7-2600K falling. (Note: I have not seen any future pricing plans. So this is guess work on my part.)
 
$189 for a 2500k is a steal compared to Athlon X2 3800+ for $297 ... and that was after prices had come down!
 
Sadly not near a Fry's either (I'm in FL). $150 would be pretty epic though.

In for one from that online retailer at 189.99, no tax or shipping. If tax is factored in, it should be competitive with the current Micro Center promotion.
 
$189 for a 2500k is a steal compared to Athlon X2 3800+ for $297 ... and that was after prices had come down!

Lol true that, my friend paid $325 for his in Feb. 2006. Good times.

Well, til the summer of that same year when the Core 2 Duo was released.
 
Back
Top