Sandy Bridge Mobile Performance Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
PC Perspective has an article posted today on Sandy Bridge mobile performance. If you are in the market for a new Sandy Bridge laptop, you'll want to give this article a look.

Sandy Bridge was great for desktops, but it may well be even better for laptops. The levels of performance provided by this new quad-core processor are staggering. We may even be reaching a point where a laptop is truly is able to provide performance competitive with similarly priced desktops. Crazy, I know – but modern laptops based on mobile Sandy Bridge will be no joke.

Those new i7's are beasts. The idle power consumption is also super low.

I am banging my head against the wall for just buying a G53...

Confirms a lot of what I have been reading from folks. Looking forward to a new laptop soon.

As someone who tested mobile SB for Intel as a contractor, I have known for a year now how good this stuff really is... ;-) I was particularly impressed by the leap and bounds performance improvement of the graphics... As far as ULV, graphics performance starts sliding pretty badly, but at only 17w TDP what are you expecting? They will be still be great for the 11.6-13.3" ultra-portables in the processing department for sure!

I have a new Sandy Bridge laptop on order, it seemed like a good time to upgrade from the 'ol Core Duo. From everything I've read about them, they are a decent jump from last generation, let alone 3+ generations ago.

Back