SanDisk SSD

Homey D. Clown

Limp Gawd
Just ordered a 120Gb SSD was wondering if anyone here is using one and what there experience with it has been so far?

Haven't actually seen one deployed yet, but if it's keeping with Sandisk's past reputation, i'd be very surprised if it did not work as advertised.

I have two of them, and so far... great. I use them both in my VM server. I load 9 VMs off a single drive. I could load more, but the CPU and RAM are nearly maxed with that many VMs. They don't feel any faster or slower than my Samsung and OCZ drives.

There's no going back to mechanical drives for me.

If you are talking about this one: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Solid...0IJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324856463&sr=8-1

I purchased one as a replacement for the failed 750GB WD drive that was in my old Dell Inspiron Laptop(C2D, 3GB RAM, GMAX4500) that now acts as a media center PC at my brother's house. I never ran any performance benchmarks(Can't now, I'm out of country) but the PC was definitely snappy and booted faster. Application launch performance was as expected(Nearly instantaneous) and seemed to mirror the experience of my Intel 320 120GB and MercuryPro 240GB 6GBps drives in other machines(Snappy and a pleasure to work with).

I chose the SanDisk because the machine would be running Windows 7 (TRIM support built in) and it was cheap. I would not have chosen it over the Intel 320 series for a normal laptop usage because it has high power draw in comparison to the Intel. While high, the power draw is in line with the Vertex series drives.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back