sandisk ssd plus 240GB $55 @ Amazon

In for 1. Needed an SSD for an Inspiron 3147 laptop with SATA2.

This seemed like a good mix of price/performance/reliability.

Also: The 120GB version of the same drive is $39.99 and it appears it may be eligible for the $20 off $50 or more "Prime Now" promo. 2 of these for $29.99 each would be pretty nice.

Last edited:
I picked up one for $59 last week -- had a $5 off credit, and 5% cashback through discover. Total out of pocket $51

paired it with my existing sandisk extreme 240 in Raid0 its quick!

I picked up one for $59 last week -- had a $5 off credit, and 5% cashback through discover. Total out of pocket $51

paired it with my existing sandisk extreme 240 in Raid0 its quick!

The temptation to buy 4+ and put them into a RAID 5...

Now it's gone.

It was showing up if you clicked the other sellers, it was out of stock due back in Dec. Looks like there is a limit I refreshed a min later and bam, gone from the list!

I bought one for $59 last week. Good basic ssd. Its not ultra fast by ssd standards, but its light years ahead of any spinner. I use it in my core2laptop.

The OCZ Trion 240 GB is also going for $55, but that one is backordered as well. The difference is Amazon will allow you to place an order for it, unlike the Sandisk.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
These have been $59 @ BestBuy since black friday.

Link.
With sales tax i'm seeing it at $64.20 ;), but still very fairly priced for Best Buy.

It's also a great way of getting rid of those Best Buy gift cards some of us have laying around. And if i can find where i misplaced mine (2 x $50), I'm buying. Thanks for the heads up!

looks like it went up to $69 at bestbuy today. newegg is selling for $59 with $5 code and free shipping.

LINK

With sales tax i'm seeing it at $64.20 ;), but still very fairly priced for Best Buy.

It's also a great way of getting rid of those Best Buy gift cards some of us have laying around. And if i can find where i misplaced mine (2 x $50), I'm buying. Thanks for the heads up!

No way there is tax? Lol..

The temptation to buy 4+ and put them into a RAID 5...

I think you could break the giga-nano-barrier if you put 8 of those on your transducer.

(I hereby reserve the right to avoid all retorts about how pragmatic of decision that it would be.)

Back