Hey all,
I'm looking to buy a Flash based mp3 player for a friend. She needs an FM tuner so Ipods are out of the question due to that and cost of the units + buying the add-on tuner.
I've been looking at the Sandisk Sensa e260 - $148.54
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5390969
It has 4 GB + you can add a microSD card which are becoming cheaper and cheaper. And it has a built in tuner.
The Creative unit I've been looking at is the Creative Zen Micro - $129.53
http://www.buy.com/prod/Creative_Ze...hoto_Viewer_FM_Radio/q/loc/101/202460980.html
This one has pretty much the same thing as the Sandisk minus the microSD slot.
She isn't an audio quality nut like I think I am so I'm just looking for something that is going to last her awhile. I'm kind of leading towards the Sandisk because she'll be able to add a 1 or 2 GB microSD cards to jump her up to 5 or 6 GB.
The only thing that I'm not sure about with the Sandisk is the build quality. Creative has been in the mp3 player market since it started so I know their units will perform well after awhile (unless they've started building them on the cheap so you have to buy a new model every year (see Apple)).
Let me know what you think, or recommend a different device or brand.
Thanks
I'm looking to buy a Flash based mp3 player for a friend. She needs an FM tuner so Ipods are out of the question due to that and cost of the units + buying the add-on tuner.
I've been looking at the Sandisk Sensa e260 - $148.54
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5390969
It has 4 GB + you can add a microSD card which are becoming cheaper and cheaper. And it has a built in tuner.
The Creative unit I've been looking at is the Creative Zen Micro - $129.53
http://www.buy.com/prod/Creative_Ze...hoto_Viewer_FM_Radio/q/loc/101/202460980.html
This one has pretty much the same thing as the Sandisk minus the microSD slot.
She isn't an audio quality nut like I think I am so I'm just looking for something that is going to last her awhile. I'm kind of leading towards the Sandisk because she'll be able to add a 1 or 2 GB microSD cards to jump her up to 5 or 6 GB.
The only thing that I'm not sure about with the Sandisk is the build quality. Creative has been in the mp3 player market since it started so I know their units will perform well after awhile (unless they've started building them on the cheap so you have to buy a new model every year (see Apple)).
Let me know what you think, or recommend a different device or brand.
Thanks