sandisk extreme 240gb ssd $140 fs

i've been running 2 of these as well. I got them for $130 each after tax from the Staples deal a while back. I'm tempted to get another.

I still kinda want to hold out for a cheap M4 or 830(so should have leapt on the Macmall sale), but in for one of those for now.

Anyone think quality 240G ssd's will be $99 by q2, 2013? I want to rebuild my fileserver but I can wait.

Oh trust me, I spent a long time with that debate. Then again, I'm usually not very optimistic about the Cyber Monday sales, and I will get charged tax for the two major 830 merchants left so perhaps it's better that I won't be left empty-handed.

And of course there'll probably be a major sale on high end drives right after I say this. :p

Last edited:
I'm debating buying something now or waiting for one of those deals on Monday.

$130 is about as cheap as these drives have been in the last 6 months. If you missed the Staples deal last time then this is a good time to jump on these.

As a side note, I run two of these in raid0 on my desktop, fast as hell. I also run one in my macbook which boots up lickity split.

How would this compare to the Samsung 830 speeds? Prolly not that noticeable...

One Drive:
SandiskExtreme120GBResultsFreshInstallNoTweaks.jpg

Raid-0
Raid0NoDiskCache.jpg

Bummer. I have this exact SSD in my gaming PC, and it is lightning fast. And the company came out with the FW update, so the TRIM issue has been fixed (all the bad reviews were due to the delay in getting the TRIM firmware update). I love this SSD!

back to OOS on my screen
might be like the 120 where once in a blue moon someone can get an order through after it first went OOS

i bought one for 160 many months ago -- totally worth it.

140 is a smoking deal -- I Need to see if there are any firmware updates for this thing (I'm not having any issues but can't hurt to see right)

Back