• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SanDisk e260?

stonedwaldo420

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
505
I have been looking into getting a small flash based MP3 Player, roughly 2-4GB. Obviously the nano came to mind, but I DESPISE Apple as a company, and want to do everything I can to avoid supporting their horrible plan.
I came across the SanDisk e260 which looks great.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855125011
Aside from a nice price, it seems to have some nice features like mini-SD expansion slot and minimal DRM. In fact, it seems even better than a nano!

Are there any other players I should consider? It is important that I be able to simply drag and drop my music onto the player. I don’t want to have to fudge with any software to do the transfers. A color screen is nice and the expansion slot could prove useful in the future.
 
*Bump*

I am sure someone has an opinion on this player! If you haven’t owned one, maybe you have a player that you really like and think is better than the SanDisk e260?
 
I have an e260 and it's awsome, it even comes with a media conversion software were you can convert divx/xvid/mpeg/avi to play on the player and watch it on the little LCD which has pretty damn good quality. The sound though when playing videos is not that great.
 
I have the Sandisk Sansa e260. For now, it is riddled with bugs, such as popping/clicking noises, syncing errors, volume loudness always starting at 50% whenever the player is powered on and a few other menu system errors. A new firmware coming out soon promises to fix these features.

Besides those annoying bugs, it is a great player that beats out the ipod nano in terms of sound quality.
 
Thanks for the advice! I went ahead and ordered one from the egg. This will be a big upgrade from the 32MB RIO I got years ago.
 
Back
Top