Sandisk 2GB SD card at CircuitCity $79 no rebates HOT

I had my wife go over and pick one up for our 8.1mp DC.
She also picked up a 50 pack of DVD-R for $10.
The 2GB card worked fine.

Bonus points if you can get another B&M store to pricematch them. I'm going to try Best Buy, any other suggestions though?

Hadez026 said:
Bonus points if you can get another B&M store to pricematch them. I'm going to try Best Buy, any other suggestions though?

Order it online?

You do get free shipping after all.

that is a great deal

I'm using an canon SD450 and I've been looking at 2gb sd cards but Ive been wanting the faster speed ones, does anyone know if the speed matters on this camera, or are higher speeds more for dSLRs or something?

higher speed is good for any camera, when you are shooting in a continuous mode.. :cool: Otherwise, it's a good deal

streetkid said:
that is a great deal

I'm using an canon SD450 and I've been looking at 2gb sd cards but Ive been wanting the faster speed ones, does anyone know if the speed matters on this camera, or are higher speeds more for dSLRs or something?

Dont think only about camera capture speeds, but also the time it will take to transfer from the flash card to your computer..

2GB at slow speeds will take awhile to transfer a full flash drive of all your files to a computer, and vice versa.

Thus i would rather have a high speed flash card.

streetkid said:
that is a great deal

My friend has an SD400 and he can see a difference in the speed of a Kingston Elite card. Personally I have a Kodak 7590 with a Kingston Ultimate card that works great. Take a look at the Read/Write rate on the sandisk, I think it's about 5 or 6 MB/s if I remember right. But again, if it's just for storage and not speed then what the hey.

Kingston Ultimate 2GB:
120X: 23MB/sec. read rate
133x: 20MB/sec write rate

Kingston Elite 1GB:
8.2MB/sec. read rate
7.7 MB/sec write rate

Back