SAN Providers

Diakiaoshinsama

Limp Gawd
My bossman has asked me to do a SWOT analysis on http://www.ixsystems.com/. Now I have never heard of the company before. He said they claim a very cheap *IE as low as 7K* figure for a small SAN. Has anyone around the [H] every used or heard of anyone using them? I tried to find information online, however everything about them has been about them acquiring PC-BSD. They claim some impressive parters such as Intel, AMD, Novell ect. Several of which I intend to look into their influences.

Nope, and their website has zero useful information on their "SAN" setup. I wouldn't be surprised if its just a disk cage hooked up to a linux box running some free iscsi target software.

You can get an entry level system from the more well know vendors for $7-10K.

For that price you can still go with Tier 1 products. Both Dell and HP make SAN units for under 10K, I think both have recently come out with somewhat entry level ones in the 6K price range.

We use both HP and EMC at my datacenter. EMC has some great entry level products. I can highly endorse them. Depending on your needs and budget, the Clariion AX or CX series are excellent choices.

Back