• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samung F4 - Array settings

Qafyg

n00b
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
29
I'm setting up a Raid6 array with 8 Samsung F4 2TB drives running on a Promise 8350 controller to store my many video files. I'm a little bit confused about the array settings I should used.

It's my understanding that the Samsung drives are not native 4k sector drive but use 512e, so what Sector size should I use in the array config? 512 or 4096?

While we're at it what should I use for stripe size and ntfs cluster size?

Thanks!
 
They are native 4096 sector drives just like all other 4K advanced format dirves. Even though they are 4K internally they lie to the OS and say that they are 512 byte sectors. The correct answer is probably 4096 then but I do not have any promise cards anymore.
 
Back
Top