• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samung 80GB Spin Point series

Vearl21

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
7
I am using A7n8x-e.. I bought a Samsung 80GB ata 133 drive from newegg and it shows up as a ata100. I am using the correct cable and I have checked bios for everything.. Any one have any ideas
 
If you cannot manually set it to be ATA133 in the BIOS then you don't have any choice. You could always try to flash the BIOS I suppose.

The speed difference between 100 and 133 should be quite minimal.
 
I'm pretty sure they're ATA100 only? I have a Samsung 120GB,shows up as ATA100 too.
 
Samsungs website says ATA-133 and NewEgg says Interface:ATA-133... Thats wrong to lie to us like that :)
 
That is odd, but pretty much irrelevant. That hard drive can't transfer fast enough to use up 100MB bandwidth, let alone 133.
 
Back
Top