Samsung UN55B6000 + GTX 260 = overscan

sabregen

Fully [H]
Just got a new Sammy 55" 1080p 120Hz LED earlier last week. Yesterday was the first time that I have had a chance to connect my rig to the TV just to check it out (purpose of TV is not as a display, currently... but as main entertainment center viewing).

1920x1080 @ 60Hz, from the computer to the TV over a Monoprice DVI to HDMI gold plated 24AWG cable, on HDMI#1 input causes overscan. I can get the display to scale properly at 1680x1050, but nothing else. All other resolutions display overscan.

I have connected the TV to the internet, and updated the firmware via the OSD menu system that's built in. This did not have any affect, and the overscan remains.

I have tried going into the Nvidia control panel to double check refresh rate, and HDTV format output, but none of the other listed modes worked any better.

I just used the nvidia control panel "resize my desktop," and that worked. Obviously, this display is not doing 1:1 pixel mapping. Can anyone help?

I've done something similar with a cheap desktop and our Samsung 67" LED projection HDTV.

Since you're using HDMI, go into the TV's input setup and name the HDMI input "PC". You should have different scaling options then.

Edit: just checked out your owner's manual and the options are slightly different from mine.

p.36 in manual:
Make sure you're using HDMI IN 1. Instead of naming it "PC" like I mentioned above, it says to choose the name "DVI PC" under Settings > Input > Source List.

p.18 and p.21-22:
Picture options and setting up a computer to your PC. Once everything is set up, it looks like you have to use "Screen Fit" as the picture size option.

Last edited:
I am definitely on HDMI #1. Maybe I goofed with the screen fit settings on the TV, by accident. I'll have to check.

Back