Samsung U32E850R

The monitor only seems to be in sufficient supply in mainland Europe, it's largely unavailable in the UK as well.

I managed to get one 2 weeks ago and am very happy with it. Freesync just works after switching it on and colours/brightness are excellent.
Motion is really clear and, as far as I can tell, upscaling 1080p doesn't degrade image quality in any discernible way.

There's a bit of IPS glow in the lower right corner but unless you're looking at a completely black picture, it'd be impossible to spot.

Sounds good. Can you do me a big favor and test Freesync with MAME?

I'd really like to know if it works as well as G-Sync with MAME. The best test is to run Mortal Kombat (a 54hz game), insert a coin, and watch the scrolling on the title screen. Is it smooth with no jittering or tearing?

Tried MK on it, the Steam FPS counter shows a constant 55 FPS and the characters scroll without tearing, the game is in full screen obviously.

As for input lag, I have no reference screen to compare it to, so I can only subjectively say that I don't notice any.

Tried MK on it, the Steam FPS counter shows a constant 55 FPS and the characters scroll without tearing, the game is in full screen obviously.

As for input lag, I have no reference screen to compare it to, so I can only subjectively say that I don't notice any.

Steam? Why would you be running it through Steam? You're not playing the MK9 or MK10, are you?

Are you actually running MAME?

I've manually added MAME to Steam to use the Steam overlay and have an FPS counter - nothing else was working; I was using MK (rev 5 t-unit 03/19/93).

So as the title screen was scrolling with the character portraits, it was perfectly smooth? No hitching at all?

Thanks for testing this for me.

If you have time to waste you can try other arcade games with clearly sub-60Hz rate, for instance;

- Xexex
- Raiden Fighters
- R-Type

Doesn't MAME require to have v-sync disabled and in some versions the 'refresh rate' option ticked ? (to make sure it outputs the original)

I did a quick check on R-Type and Xexex, they are running at 55 respectively 54 fps, just as the ROMs indicate they should.
Did the first level on R-Type too, no visual problems of any kind.

And yes, MK was perfectly smooth, no hitches or tearing visible.

Any pics, plz .. ?

I am really interested in this monitor and how it is with games (BF4).

Back