Samsung TV No Longer Recognizes HDMI input from PC

hhara

Gawd
I have a Samsung PN58C7000 connected via an hdmi cable to my GTX 580. Before the hdmi connects to the GTX 580 there is a mini hdmi to hdmi converter. For at least 6 months this has been working flawlessly until today. Within the nvidia control panel, the TV is recognized, and I am able to activate the tv as a second monitor. I can also go into windows sound option and activate the hdmi output for sound as well.

When I turn on my samsung tv though, and switch the source to my hdmi cable, it just says there is no signal. I am assuming since I am able to active the tv within the nvidia control panel, and move my mouse over to where it should be that the PC is not at fault here and it has something to do with the samsung tv.

Any ideas?

Ugh... All of the following did not work:

Rebooting the PC
Unplugging the hdmi at multiple points and plugging it back in
trying different hdmi sources on the tv
disabling and enabling the tv in the nvidia control panel

Like some crazy magic voodoo, after turning the TV off, enabling the TV in the nvidia control panel, and now turning the TV back on, it magically works.

I just typed you a long story/repsonse...and managed to lose it all in the wonky browser. I'm not up to typing it all again.

Long story short...I have some wonkiness too with my HDMI inputs on one of my systems.

Wow this is crazy, I was just cleaning out bookmarks from 2009 and I happened to open one on this very same topic I made back then with a nearly identical title :O Long story short, crazy just happened.

From what is happening is sounds like you have an EDID/EPROM issue (which is sadly all to common when using PC -> TV connections) and the fix is not going to be something you like. You will most likely have to open your TV and hack the firmware or get the board replaced.
Hopefully this isnt the case for you.

Back