Samsung Syncmaster 305t Resolution Problem

Hello, :)

I own a Samsung Syncmaster 305t and it is capable to go to 2560x1800 resolution. When I connected the dual-link DVI cable to my AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Graphics Card, It can only display 1280x800. Whatever resolution higher then 1280x800 it will not display. :confused:

I do have the option of increasing it to 2560x1800 but by doing so, the screen turns grey, white, blue, and red in a loop. So I then press ENTER to go back to 1280x800.

according to AMD's website, my graphics card does support 2560x1600 and I do have the correct dual-link DVI-D cable plugged in.

Device manager shows "Generic PnP Monitor" under "Monitors" which is updated to the latest driver.

Other forums have suggested a windows 7 driver issue. Some have said that when plugging in the Syncmaster, a Driver automatically downloaded but did not for me. I then looked online for the driver to manually install but there seems to be no drivers available for the Syncmaster 305t.

I tried shutting off the monitor and turning back on with no success.

After looking online, the only results I found was that most people did not have a compatible Graphics card but it doesn't seem to be my case.

any help would be greatly appreciated to get this monitor to display 2560x1600!

Recap of My Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor @ 3.80GHZ
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
RAM: 8 GB
System Type: 64-bit

How many DVI connectors on your video card? Did you try all of them?

If so, try another DVI-D cable.

Back