Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW

greyx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
503
After i searched,and searched and read a lot of reviews about 24 inch lcd monitors,i think i go for TN panel,again. I'm "tired" to search :D

For what i'm doing,that should be fine.I'm not a professional photo / video editor
I checked out the Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW,and this model ( i hope ) will meet my needs. ( web browsing,movies and games )
If here are some owners of this monitor,please tell me more about the picture quality ,image ,sharp.crisp,and the black depth.
http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3810843/art/samsung/syncmaster-2243bw-22-wide.html
Thanks.
 
No ideas ?
Guys,i wanna ask you something about sizes : T240HD and ( vs ) 2443BW.
After i read some reviews about 2443BW ,i checked the sizes and i compared them with the T240HD.
Samsung 2443BW
width 21.9 inch
depth 9.8 inch
height 17 inch

Samsung T240HD
width 22.6 inch
depth 9.6 inch
height 18.8 inch
I don't understand : is T240HD wider and higher than 2443BW ??
Or,they calculated the bezels /stand,too ? I thought that every 24" lcd, has the same display surface
I mean here, same aspect ratio ,and with no bezels or stands.
Am i wrong ? Shouldn't they be all the same sizes ( display surface ) ??
 
Don't get the Samsung T240HD. I say get the Samsung 2443BW. This model actually replaced the Samsung 245BW model which is an overall very good TN display. They also have the 2443BWX which is similar to the 2443BW but, it has no height adjustment.
 
greyx - have you viewed those monitors in person? I had a Samsung 2433 but ended up returning it due to the poor viewing angles. With a large screen (24"+), you really notice viewing angles, and the Samsung wasn't cutting it IMO. If you pulled up a page like Google News, the font was noticeably darker up top than below. No combination of viewing heights and placements could fix it. It's just a function of the TN panel. I think with a smaller screen, you wouldn't notice it. However, any angle other than dead on centre will really reveal this monitor's limitations.

Not sure if you can adjust the height of the 2443, but that would be a definite bonus and could help alleviate this issue, especially if you are tall.

If viewing angles don't bother you, the colors and contrast were good. Blacks were very good, text was fine.

The response time is also good, however I think this aspect has really been blown out of proportion. Most modern LCDs will now have low enough times to not really notice any lag in real scenarios, gaming included.

I would try for a VA or IPS panel over these if you can afford the slight increase. Just my $0.02...
 
Yes,Betaboy,i viewed Samsung T240HD,but not the 2443BW.
The T240HD has a bluish tint,i just didn't like it. About viewing angles,i don't know what to say.
When i'm sitting in the front of the monitor, 99,99 % of the time,i'm alone,with nobody around.When i stand up,or moving left /right / i know,i can see it,it's really bad. But,once again,i use it alone.
One more think,maybe you can advice me. I intend to purchase,in the near future,an 46" LCD TV,just for movies and PC / xbox gaming. But,of course,for web browsing,office and some other applications,i wanna use the monitor.
Do you think,guys,it's better if i go for a smaller monitor ? Even if i buy the Samsung 2443BW,i think it's a good price. 270 euro is worth,IMHO.
You adviced me that you would try for a VA or IPS panel. Right. But i didn't see one IPS or VA panel,without having some problems,like HP LP2475w - tint issue , Dell U2410 - same story ,Samsung 245 T- huge input lag,and and and.....
Someone adviced me in PM,to go for an 26" monitor,like LG W2600HP.
I'm really confused.Whatever i buy,the 46" TV will be in my room,soon.Maybe that's why i don't really care about the viewing angles and some other weaknesess ,i'm talking about Samsung 2443BW.
What do you mean with " Not sure if you can adjust the height of the 2443 " You just said you returned one. So,i guess you know if it's height adjustable or not. Anyway,thanks for helping. If you know some mid range 24" IPS monitors ( not HP 2475w and Dell U2410 ) ,please give me some links.
Thanks again,guys.
 
greyx - I had a 2433, not a 2443. So it's very similar but slightly different monitor. Mine had no height adjustment, so I was always looking down at the screen. I think the 2443 has a height adjustable stand.
 
greyx - I had a 2433, not a 2443. So it's very similar but slightly different monitor. Mine had no height adjustment, so I was always looking down at the screen. I think the 2443 has a height adjustable stand.

Yes,they are slightly different. But anyway,i hope that 2443BW is better than the T240HD.
I didn't decide it yet which one i buy. And...24" or smaller ... or even bigger :)
 
No ideas ?
Guys,i wanna ask you something about sizes : T240HD and ( vs ) 2443BW.
After i read some reviews about 2443BW ,i checked the sizes and i compared them with the T240HD.
Samsung 2443BW
width 21.9 inch
depth 9.8 inch
height 17 inch

Samsung T240HD
width 22.6 inch
depth 9.6 inch
height 18.8 inch
I don't understand : is T240HD wider and higher than 2443BW ??
Or,they calculated the bezels /stand,too ? I thought that every 24" lcd, has the same display surface
I mean here, same aspect ratio ,and with no bezels or stands.
Am i wrong ? Shouldn't they be all the same sizes ( display surface ) ??

What about the sizes,guys ? Is 2443BW, smaller ? I thought that 16:10 aspect ratio and 24 inch are all the same sizes. 2443 seems to be 4 inches lower than T240HD.
 
Back
Top