Samsung SyncMaster 20.1in $364 with $60MIR

$364.99-$60 = $304.99

I bought this from Newegg last week for $346.99-$60 = $286.99 with free shipping.

While this is certainly a good deal on a great monitor, there have been better deals on it. The $60 rebate is pretty generic and will work anywhere other than the big box retailers. I would check Newegg, ZZF, Buy, and Amazon for a week before making this decision. The rebate doesn't expire until the end of the month, so it is likely a hotter deal will come around.

gangolfus said:
$364.99-$60 = $304.99

I bought this from Newegg last week for $346.99-$60 = $286.99 with free shipping.

While this is certainly a good deal on a great monitor, there have been better deals on it. The $60 rebate is pretty generic and will work anywhere other than the big box retailers. I would check Newegg, ZZF, Buy, and Amazon for a week before making this decision. The rebate doesn't expire until the end of the month, so it is likely a hotter deal will come around.

good looking out, im kinda hesitant on going widescreen so may go with something like one of these.

about the TFT good or bad?

too bad this isn't a widescreen . I gotta benq FP202W. it's fookin nice but only 8ms..

ZZF has a horrible policy on dead pixels, wait until you can find it at best buy or somewhere for a good price.

dwilson041781 said:
good looking out, im kinda hesitant on going widescreen so may go with something like one of these.
Don't be. I've switched to WS on all my desktops and laptops. It's like night and day, I absoloutely cannot go back to a SD screen; the ones at work and school make my eyes bleed. Sure, a 15" WS is smaller by surface area than a 15" SD, but it appears larger because the human eye percieves the world in a wider field of view, so a smaller screen that is a more natural aspect ratio appears bigger than a 15" non-natural apect ration screen.

Seems like a good price for the monitor.

InorganicMatter said:
Don't be. I've switched to WS on all my desktops and laptops. It's like night and day

anyone who has made the switch will say the same thing... I think someone did the math, and there is actually more viewing area on a WS 20" than on a standard 20" but I could be wrong...

the other plus is that when you watch (non-widescreen) movies, you can have things going on the side that would normally be obstructed.... not to mention being able to browse two websites at once...

its all about WS baby

1600x1200 = 1920000 (4:3)

1680x1050 = 1764000 (16:10)

1920000/1764000 = 10.88% bigger than widescreen

Anyone bite on the deals yet? I'm considering it, but I was also waiting for a deal on the dell 20inch widescreen. Is the quality of the samsung similar?

I currently have a 5 year old sony 17 inch LCD :D

I bought this exact same screen about 2 months ago. Works great, looks awsome. NO ghosting what-so-ever on my 7900gt. The rotate thingy is really nice for pron :cool:

Nice deal, too bad i just got me a 205BW for 279.00 No Rebate from Office Max($331.00 out the door with the 2 year warrenty). The 204 is nice but I'm so glad I got the wide screen one. :D

An I know the warrenty is pointless 'cause Samsung rocks but in my great luck if I don't get the warrenty then something happens 30 bux for 2 years isn't bad though. :rolleyes:

Hot deal though Samsung FTW!!!

-d.

Back