• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung Support Rocks

Budwise

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Messages
1,834
After being a proud 940B owner since October, the other day i was looking at some forums and saw a spec in the middle of the screen, WAIT, its a dead pixel! NOOOO! I was not happy with a nice bright pixel now in the middle of my panel so i gave Samsung a call and told them the problem. I didnt beg or even say much aside from what the issue is and they were ready to send me a brand new non refurbished 940B. However, i lately have been yurning for some higher resolutions and 1600X1200 has been calling my X1900XTX out to the ring for a while now so i said what the heck and gave it a shot. I asked if there was any way that i could swap my 940B out for a 204B and ill just pay whatever the cost difference is. He immediately said sure, that should be doable. So someone is supposed to call me on Monday to get a CC number and my 1280X1024 days are now numbered! Im happier than a fat kid with a cupcake! I must say i dont know if Viewsonic or other brands would offer the same support over a single dead pixel. I gotta give Samsung some major props for such great service.

That said, just like i did with my 940B, within a week or so ill be posting a full review of the 204B.
 
Budwise said:
Im happier than a fat kid with a cupcake!

My only issue w/ the above is: why should a fat kid w/ a cupcake be happy? Wouldn't he be concern about heart attack? :D
 
Samsung has that 0 bright pixel rma policy. They allow up to 7 "dark dots" before a return. I've noticed neither on my display. I've been very happy with my samsung 193P although it's maximum resolution is only 1280x1024
 
Did this pixel just die recently, or did you simply not notice until now, or :) are you just not sure?
 
Back
Top