• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung SSD RMA process sucks

MacrossPlus

n00b
2FA
Joined
Nov 8, 2011
Messages
18
I had purchased a 845DC Sata SSD at Microcenter in California when the price had dropped below $400.00. It worked fine, until one day the capacity was wrong when it was autodetected in the bios, and the drive was unreadable by windows. I called into tech support and followed all of their instructions to the letter. It has been a couple of months, and the only thing I have gotten is the run around. See below for the correspondence between myself and the Samsung Memory Group. If anyone has similar experiences please add to this post. I believe that more than a month is poor customer service on Samsung's part.

If I would have known, I would not have purchased a SSD product from Samsung.


Hello Jonathan,

We have received your comment. A team member will address your request as soon as possible.
Comment:

Jonathan - 2018-10-09 15:06:52
I started this process on the 24th of August. I believe that almost two
months of time have passed. You need to resolve this delay. I am very
unsatisfied with your services. I think that you have had enough time to
resolve this in a satisfactory manner. Please expedite this process as I
need to purchase a replacement sad and Get my system back up and running.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018, 10:38 AM Samsung Memory Services <
samsungmemory@livehelpnow.net> wrote:
Luis - 2018-10-09 13:38:16

Hello Jonathan,

I apologize, but the ticket is still undergoing the approval process.

You will receive the email once it goes through that process.

Thank you.

Jonathan - 2018-10-06 14:37:20
I still have not received my refund or an email on how to get my refund. I
am going to call again, but this is really frustrating.


Jonathan A. Boatman
jonathan.boatman@gmail.com
951-732-7331


On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 12:05 PM Samsung Memory Services <
samsungmemory@livehelpnow.net> wrote:
Luis - 2018-09-28 14:05:41
Hello Jonathan,

Your refund Ticket Number is: 4148450036

You should receive an email from Samsung with further instructions within the next few days.

Thank you.

Jonathan - 2018-09-24 22:16:29
The address is correct. The email address is correct. The phone number is
correct.
I accept the refund offer. Please mail me a refund check. Thank you...



Jonathan A. Boatman
jonathan.boatman@gmail.com
951-732-7331


On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:13 PM Samsung Memory Services <
samsungmemory@livehelpnow.net> wrote:
Jonathan - 2018-09-21 00:13:01
I accept the refund. Thanks for your help.

Jonathan A. Boatman
jonathan.boatman@gmail.com
951-732-7331


On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 2:17 PM Samsung Memory Services <
samsungmemory@livehelpnow.net> wrote:
Luis - 2018-09-20 16:17:31
Hello Jonathan,



Please be aware your ticket has gone to refund, due to no stock of your particular product.

Can you please verify the following information, as we will use it for the refund:

Name: Jonathan Andrew Boatman

Phone Number: 3852240573

Email: jonathan.boatman@gmail.com

Address: 5333 Suffolk Cir / Castle Rock CO 80104



The refund amount is: 345.35



Please let us know if you accept.





Thank you.

2018-09-07 16:01:41
As it has been over 24 hours without a response, we are going to mark this email ticket as closed for now. If you had a RMA made, that is still open.If you have any other questions or updates about your ticket, you can just reply in the ticket and it will re-open it and inform us. Thank you for contacting Samsung and have a nice day!
Yasuhiro - 2018-09-06 16:37:52
Jonathan,

I have resent your information to UPS under email jonathan.boatman@gmail.com.
You should receive a label within the next 24 hours.
If anything happens please feel free to reply back to this email or call us at 1800-726-7864.
Thank you for letting us know.



Jonathan - 2018-09-05 17:19:16
This is not resolved, as I did not receive a shipping label as promised in
the ticket notes.
I created your ticket. You will be receiving a confirmation email soon
along with a UPS email where you can retrieve your UPS label to send in the
drive.
Please send the UPS information so I can download the shipping label for
the drive RMA.


Jonathan A. Boatman
jonathan.boatman@gmail.com
951-732-7331


On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 12:35 PM Samsung Memory Services <
samsungmemory@livehelpnow.net> wrote:
Yasuhiro - 2018-08-27 14:35:43
Jonathan,

I created your ticket. You will be receiving a confirmation email soon along with a UPS email where you can retrieve your UPS label to send in the drive.
This is the Ticket number for your RMA: 4148267165
Thank you for contacting Samsung and have a nice day!



Jonathan - 2018-08-24 21:32:11
1. No Company name.
2. Jonathan Andrew Boatman
3. 5333 Suffolk Cir, Castle Rock, CO 80104
4. jonathan.boatman@gmail.com
5. 385-224-0573
6. 845DC EVO MZ7GE480HMHP
7. S1RFNWAF900557W
8. Drive is recognized in bios, but shows up as a 1TB. Cannot be
formatted in windows.
9. Tried 2 different computers, and different SATA ports, and cables.
10. Windows 10 Professional, Ryzen 5 1600X 16GB Ram Asus B350 Motherboard
11. I do not have the original bill of sale as the place I purchased it
from cannot find it by the serial number or purchase date.
12. Image of Drive label is attached.
13. Yes

Jonathan A. Boatman
jonathan.boatman@gmail.com
951-732-7331


On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 5:16 PM Samsung Memory Services <
samsungmemory@livehelpnow.net> wrote:

[Attachments]
img_20180824_192920.jpg
2018-06-28 19:01:49
As it has been over 24 hours without a response, we are going to mark this email ticket as closed for now. If you had a RMA made, that is still open.If you have any other questions or updates about your ticket, you can just reply in the ticket and it will re-open it and inform us. Thank you for contacting Samsung and have a nice day!
Original Inquiry:
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Samsung Memory support.
If you wish to have your unit repaired, please reply and provide a copy of your Receipt or Invoice along with the following information:

**All the Following Must Be Answered as Best as Possible**
1)Company Name (If Applicable):
2) Name (First, Last):
3) Full Address (PO box is NOT accepted):
4) Email:
5) Phone Number:
6) Product Number:
7) Serial Number (Located on the label on the bottom of the SSD.):
8) Detailed Reason for Repair:
9) Troubleshooting Performed:
10) Computer Specifications (Please provide any system information if available):
11) Bill of Sale (Invoice or Receipt must be in an JPEG image file format or PDF. Please do not paste but attach it to your reply email):
12) Photo of the Label on the SSD for verification (not the packaging. Please do not paste but attach it to your reply email)
13) Please write YES in this field to denote that you have accepted our warranty terms and conditions (Listed Below):

Please note:
1) Update ticket with requested info and attachments.
2) Proof of Purchase (PoP) required for customers outside the US and Canada, though we may ask for it from US and Canadian customers in some situations. Without PoP, we will use the unit's manufacturing date.
3) Email confirmation with service ticket number will be provided typically within 24 business hours of receiving your request, not including weekends or holidays.
4) Customers are responsible for shipping the SSD to our Service Center and will receive an address to ship the unit to in the confirmation email. Customers outside the US and Canada must include a pre-paid return label in the package with the unit. Customers within the continental US may be offered an accommodation at time of request.
5) The full warranty policy is found here: http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/support/warranty.html

6) For SSDs, please make sure to include only the unit for repair, do not include any accessories (cables, adapters, screws, manuals, etc). Any accessories or original packaging will be discarded and will not be returned.
7) For Portable SSDs, please send in the unit and the cable(s) that were provided with the unit on purchase. Any other accessories or original packaging will be discarded and will not be returned.
8) Please note repair procedure wipes any data on the SSD. Please make sure to have your data backed up before sending in the drive.
9) If your unit cannot be repaired, following Samsung Policy, If the unit was manufactured within 90 days, based on the manufacture date, or purchased within 90 days and you provided us with the proof of purchase, Samsung will attempt to send you a new unit. Outside 90 days, Samsung will replace your unit with only a re-certified unit, which is guaranteed to work as well as a new unit.


Simply reply to this email to add a comment or edit your inquiry online.

Thank you,
Samsung Memory Services
1-800-726-7864
samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com
 
So it's been two weeks, and still nothing. I may never buy a product from Samsung again. This is complete and utter bullshit on their part. I call in today to check status, and its a big runaround again. No information on why the refund has not processed. It's been like three months now. I hope I get something before christmas. #SAMSUCK
 
I recommend removing your name and email address from everything you post.
Its good to pass on your experience but you wont help your case with Samsung and are opening yourself up for spam and information leeching.
 
I recommend removing your name and email address from everything you post.
Its good to pass on your experience but you wont help your case with Samsung and are opening yourself up for spam and information leeching.
Can a mod do it?

Anyhow on the flipside, they rarely do fail so it is a high risk, low probability scenario but I have dealt with them. Their printers department is even worse.
 
I had the same thing with Toshiba RMA. took over 10 weeks to get a refund for a 4TB hard drive that failed.
WD RMA is pretty easy the last few times I used them. I did the Advance RMA with them, they sent me a replacement, I copied my stuff to it, and then sent in the failing drive.
Took less than a week.
 
I RMA'd a SIDS 970 Pro last month, the whole process took about 17 days. At least in my case I didn't have any issues.
 
Not surprised with anything money based with businesses expect a minimum of net 30 (for many net 60 is the defacto).
 
I bought some Xbox Live gift cards on sale at Dell just before last Thanksgiving.. they use a digital locker system, and after chasing them for a month, they finally deposited my gift cards electronically. Unfortunately they had initially been sent to the wrong customer, so they had all been used before I got them.

I fought with Dell and my credit card company and finally got my money back this September or October. Companies just suck.

At one point Citi decided to call the matter closed, so when I kept fighting it, they even stuck a negative comment on my credit report. By then I had possession of screen caps from Dell’s financial system, so I knew it was Citi trying to keep my money.

Sorry, I know not Samsung related just a rant and fist shake. Good luck OP. I hope you are as stubborn as I am.
 
Back
Top