Samsung Series 5 - Installing Windows 7 Problem

pcgeek86

Limp Gawd
Hey folks,

I just got a Samsung Series 5 ultrabook and went to install Windows 7 Ultimate on it. I removed all the partitions and went ahead with a standard installation of Windows 7.

After the machine rebooted, all I got was a constantly repeating "missing operating system" all over the screen. The device won't recognize my USB flash drive to install Windows 7 anymore, so I can't initiate setup again.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Is this somehow related to the Express Cache thing?

Well it turns out that I worked around the problem by using the "system restore" (ugh) DVD that was included with the system (Home Premium, not Ultimate Edition). Not happy about that, and Samsung Support refused to support their SSD + spindle hardware configuration when installing a "custom OS" so I'm a little irritated with the company.

I'm just happy that I've got my laptop working for the time being. I got all the Express Cache stuff set up by installing the Samsung software, and I believe it's working (not sure how to verify).

It would be great if there were a guide out there to help folks get Windows 7 Ultimate running on the Samsung Series 5. Wish I had a spare system to test on ... can't afford to destroy this now.

Back