Samsung sells 20 million Galaxy S3s, adds new colors

TheWeazmeister

<a href=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.parentdish.com/
Samsung clinched the global impact today of its flagship phone today, announcing that its Samsung Galaxy S3 (S III) has sold 20 million units globally in the 100 days since its May release.
Samsung is calling the sales of its most successful smartphone so far "record-setting ."
To put things into perspective, Samsung's Galaxy S II sold 5 million units globally in the first 85 days, and 10 million units after five months, Samsung confirmed with CNET. In 100 days, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has already doubled the sale of its predecessor after five months.
In addition to releasing sales figures, Samsung also announced the addition of four new colors: amber brown, garnet red, sapphire black, and titanium gray.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57507350-94/samsung-sells-20-million-galaxy-s3s-adds-new-colors/

Those SOBs. I would take a black one over white or blue in a heart beat. It it was't for needing to keep my unlimited data I could have held off for the black or the next round of nexus phones.

Those SOBs. I would take a black one over white or blue in a heart beat. It it was't for needing to keep my unlimited data I could have held off for the black or the next round of nexus phones.

figures after I got mine they'd add colors I actually like. I have the blue one because it was less bad than the white.

Brother-in-law got one a week ago. The keyboard is so sensitive that you dont even have to touch the screen to do anything. When you try to, it tries to do two or three things at once. Browsing the gallery is a nightmare due to how stupidly long it takes the phone to load thumbnail images. He has one folder that has 4 pictures in it and it can take up to 2 minutes sometimes to load 4 thumbnails. You can be talking on the phone with someone and the next thing you know your talking to 911 with you doing nothing. I will misstype a url in the address bar and make a futile attempt to just get the cursor on the spot to delete the extra character only to have the phone move the cursor there, then erase the whole bar. He found out first hand the LTE speeds are only being made available to make sure you go over your data limits faster. After 4 days he hit 1 gig on his 2 gig plan. Kinda wierd that the cellphone gets a faster internet connection than our house does.

I was considering one but think I will hang on to my Infuse a bit longer.

Brother-in-law got one a week ago. The keyboard is so sensitive that you dont even have to touch the screen to do anything. When you try to, it tries to do two or three things at once. Browsing the gallery is a nightmare due to how stupidly long it takes the phone to load thumbnail images. He has one folder that has 4 pictures in it and it can take up to 2 minutes sometimes to load 4 thumbnails. You can be talking on the phone with someone and the next thing you know your talking to 911 with you doing nothing. I will misstype a url in the address bar and make a futile attempt to just get the cursor on the spot to delete the extra character only to have the phone move the cursor there, then erase the whole bar. He found out first hand the LTE speeds are only being made available to make sure you go over your data limits faster. After 4 days he hit 1 gig on his 2 gig plan. Kinda wierd that the cellphone gets a faster internet connection than our house does.

Sounds like he got a dud.

You have some major hardware issues there. Those things just don't "happen" - especially the 911 part of it.

As far as data - join the house's wifi network?

...After 4 days he hit 1 gig on his 2 gig plan...

When I upgraded to the Galaxy S3, they mistakenly took off my unlimited data and moved it to a 4GB plan (which I think replaces the 2GB 3G plan) on ATT. I had them change it back of course, but I thought that if you get a 4G LTE phone they bump your data up automatically. Can anybody confirm?

I kinda like my blue one... it's a unique colour to all the other phones on the market and changes under different levels of light. The grey looks pretty cool but black is just boring IMO.

I and everyone I know with an S3(9 people) have no issues you QQ about. Sounds like a faulty device. And quite frankly, the 4G complaining is quite childish.

I'm considering finding a friend or w/e whos due for an upgrade and offering them my white phone plus a little cash to use their upgrade on the black S3 and I'll just take it and they can have mine.

When I upgraded to the Galaxy S3, they mistakenly took off my unlimited data and moved it to a 4GB plan (which I think replaces the 2GB 3G plan) on ATT. I had them change it back of course, but I thought that if you get a 4G LTE phone they bump your data up automatically. Can anybody confirm?

Do you mean automatically bump you to 4G unlimited? I had a CS rep at AT&T upgrade me to insure I stayed on unlimited.

Damn, black looks amazing, I really don't understand why they don't make a large variety of colors, let the users decide what their style is.

I think they are gonna sell a shitload of GSII T989's too with the cool Walmart deal going on right now.

figures after I got mine they'd add colors I actually like. I have the blue one because it was less bad than the white.

I got the white w/a black wrap case, looks pretty swank, but I would have gone black too.

Back