Samsung S27A750D Problem

Mungojerrie

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 19, 2011
Messages
1,940
I received my S27A750D earlier today and when I hooked it up via hdmi I found that half of my screen is very nice and the other half has streaks ( they show up more when I turn of the contrast, but are frustrating at their best.). In addition, It won't operate in 120Hz mode. Am I just retarded or is my monitor broken?
 
Double check to see if your monitor is in some kind of magicbright demo mode.
Also, this monitor can't do 120hz over HDMI. I'm not sure there are any that can.
 
Double check to see if your monitor is in some kind of magicbright demo mode.
Also, this monitor can't do 120hz over HDMI. I'm not sure there are any that can.

Working on checking settings. I have a displayport adapter coming tomorrow. I'm hoping that'd solve the problem
 
I would be concerned with the streaking. Can you try another HDMI cable? That's an expensive monitor to have a broken HDMI port. It could also be your video card HDMI so if you have console or bluray player to test I would try that too. Definitely try the display port as well when you get the display port adapter. It is true the monitor won't display 120hz through HDMI like xSystemFailurex said. It should display fine though in HDMI at 60hz. Make sure you're settings on your monitor are set to default and not in 3d mode. If it doesn't display right in HDMI I would RMA it.
 
I would be concerned with the streaking. Can you try another HDMI cable? That's an expensive monitor to have a broken HDMI port. It could also be your video card HDMI so if you have console or bluray player to test I would try that too. Definitely try the display port as well when you get the display port adapter. It is true the monitor won't display 120hz through HDMI like xSystemFailurex said. It should display fine though in HDMI at 60hz. Make sure you're settings on your monitor are set to default and not in 3d mode. If it doesn't display right in HDMI I would RMA it.

I have a 6990. so I am using a miniDP to HDMI adapter at the moment. the monitor is in 2d mode and I reset the settings but it still has streaks. I will probably have to RMA :(
 
Back
Top