• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung S23A700D + nVidia 3D vision???

xkalibr

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2012
Messages
16
Ive read on multiple forums that the Samsung S23A700D can "unofficially"
Support nvidias 3d vision. I have yet to see anyone confirm this or show proof
Of concept regarding the idea.

Does anyone know if its possible to use this monitor and nvidias 3d vision kit?
The native 3d for this monitor is garbage. Tru3D sucks.
 
Wouldn't expect too much info, most of it out there is vague right now, and not in english.
 
Ya, I noticed the vague and foreign bits.

Do You think it's possible?

I'm new to 3D, still learning about how the recievers work and different types
of displays,active etc.

Thanks for the reply :)
 
Sometime last year someone posted a link to a hack which fooled the 3D-vision into thinking the EDID information was from a supported 120Hz monitor, which allowed it to work with 3D-vision. No idea of the quality, I don't have a link, but a couple people their confirmed it worked.
 
Just buy the Asus VG236HE+3D vision kit which is the glossy Samsung equivalent.
 
Aren't these Samsungs supposed to have some kind of minor improvement on viewing angles though?
 
From the research ive done this samsung monitor is the best for the price
I really would like to keep it. I just wish someone could shed some light on this
Unofficial hack for it. Guess i just have to wait it out.
Thanks for all the replies !
 
jackstar7 you are da boss!
I'm going to setup this emulation dealy tonight and see what happens.
Thank you so much for the help guys!
 
There is no way to adjust the delay for the emitter if you do this. The 3D Vision driver has hardcoded profiles with different delays to compensate for the input lag on various 3D Vision monitors.
 
Back
Top