• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung’s 40-inch OLED TV

DieHard83x

n00b
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
33
Samsung has announced in world premiere their latest OLED screen of 40", a resolution of 1280x800 (WXGA), a contrast ratio of 5000:1 and a very limited thickness.

1.jpg

2.jpg


A prototype 40-inch single-sheet OLED panel that, when paired with their field emission display technology, could mean supper-skinny high-resolution TVs in the near future. A few months ago they busted out a 21-inch screen capable of high definition resolutions (1920 x 1080 pixels), whereas the new 2.2cm thick 40-incher will do 1280 x 800 pixels at a screen brightness of 600 nits and a contrast ratio of 5000:1.

Source:
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news_9619.html
 
damn, that's sweet. Amazing specs!!

P.S. I would suggest not "hotlinking" those pics directly from that site. it's considered bandwidth stealing. No need to put up pics when the link is right there. just a heads up ;)
 
Damn that is a sweet TV and that girl isn't to bad looking either I would take both :D
 
Does anyone know when these will hit the shelves? I did some searching and the only thing I could find is that more information should be coming out sometime this week. There is something going on in Boston from the 24th-27th.
 
yang88she said:
that 2nd pic is too funny...but that is a very sweet screen

Hah, I just got what you were talking about.

I think that they'll have higher resolution when they have a final release of the 40" OLED. The smaller 20" they demo'd had a higher native resolution than the 40". I think that they just wanted to be the first in the game to have a single panel 40".
 
Picture definitely is tight. Every time I settle on a screen to buy, a new model keeps pooping up in the last few weeks. I think I found the Shangri La of screens. I wonder if you could make that thing flex like a blanket.
 
Back
Top