Samsung Rapid Mode

killroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
I just recently got a Samsung 850 SSD and have been reading up on rapid mode. Does this have any real benefit? I have read both pros and cons so would like to hear some opinions from users in the Hard forum.

It makes zero difference for game loading times, and when it gets messed up you'll never be able to reenable it without a Windows reinstall (or perhaps a Windows rollback).

Benchmarks look great with it enabled! That's about all I can say to it being a benifit to my 850 Evo.

It makes zero difference for game loading times, and when it gets messed up you'll never be able to reenable it without a Windows reinstall (or perhaps a Windows rollback).

Benchmarks look great with it enabled! That's about all I can say to it being a benifit to my 850 Evo.

i have used rapid mode for years, helps with some transfers to other SSD's IMO, but i have never had an issue with having to re-istall windows when testing having it off or on.

just my 2 cents.................................

its a software cache to your onboard memory. great for numbers nothing else. if you wanna go faster get a ssd that naturally faster. Always skip software to hardware hacks

In short, it sounds really god, but provides no real world benefit, especially if you have less than 8GB Ram. I've seen it create low memory conditions in the past.

I've got it enabled on both my 840 series SSDs. Pretty numbers. I haven't noticed anything else different, though. 16GB of RAM and typically I don't ever use more than 8-10gb so keeping it on doesn't really hurt me either. Also yet to have any problems requiring any type of reinstall (I've also enabled/disabled it a few times in testing when I first started playing with it). It's been 1-2 years now.

Back