Samsung QX410-S02 Review (Best Buy)

plac

Gawd
Samsung - Laptop / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 14" Display / 4GB Memory / 640GB Hard Drive - Silver
Model: QX410-S02
Intel® Core™ i5-480M processor
Features a 3MB cache and 2.66GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz
4GB DDR3 memory
NVIDIA GeForce 310M Hybrid graphics (1366x768)

Just want to say I bought this laptop a couple days ago. $799 at BestBuy. Really like it overall, no complaints. The LED backlight 14" screen is very crisp. For the super detailed guys, you do see some white bleed thru now and again, but i like the LED style myself. Very thin screen, and the contrast is unbeatable. Keyboard is very comfortable, keys are all isolated for very easy navigation. Touch pad takes some getting used to, sometimes leaning on it too long will cause a feature to activate or something. Very nicely thought out function key positions on keyboard. i5 CPU is nice, seems at least as fast as the Asus G60VX-RB009 I sold to get this one. (I wanted a smaller, easier to transport footprint). Has 4GB ram so no real need to upgrade in that regard. I do want to switch to a SSD disk at some point to really top it off, but I'm not sure if this laptop supports SATA 3. Would be looking for at least a 128GB SSD. Nice small power supply block, unlike the huge brick my Asus came with. Very limited bios settings, not much to adjust at all. Overall, I am happy with my purchase, and don't plan to return it.

FYI Windows 7 Scores:
6.9 CPU
5.9 RAM
4.4 Desktop Graphics
5.9 3D Gaming Graphics
5.9 Hard Disk

Last edited:
I was looking at this model as well, looks like you get alot for your money. Overall feel is very good.

So is it still as nice as it was when you got it? :D
Also, how's the battery treat you?

ya i still like it. sometimes my mind wanders to the alienware M15X, but thats more than i need.

i dont use battery, im always plugged in pretty much.

what a load of crap! i installed a new video driver thru samsungs auto-update software and my desktop graphics dropped from 4.4 to 4.2. Everything else stayed the same.

i wouldnt worry about that, the WEI is a bunch of crap, and shows relative performance ;)

for the same price you could get a samsung rf-510 which has a larger screen, i7 and 330m graphics
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131088
As nice as that laptop is it's missing one major thing... a higher resolution display :mad:
Seems like every halfway decent well priced laptop out there with a 15" display has 1366x768. Find me one that does 1600x900 without the mirror gloss finger print magnet shell and I'll be happy, find me one that does 1920x1080 and I'll be ecstatic! :cool:

I returned this laptop an hour ago. At 29 days ownership. I saw my receipt on the way to BestBuy which said 14 days on laptops, and I got real worried. Luckily, since I am a Silver member, I get 45 days return on everything. So I got my whole $900+ back.

I also bought a netbook today. I have been avoiding netbooks for a long time, fearing they are just too slow. But I really needed something super light that I could sit on the couch with for casual browsing, and a 14" laptop just was too cumbersome.

I got the Toshiba NB505-N500BL Blue netbook. Had almost 5 star review out of 15 different people. I bought a 2GB ram DIMM at the same time, as everyone says you have to upgrade that 1GB ram that comes with it or it really sucks. I also am upgrading the Windows 7 Starter version to Windows Home Premium. This was a package special, and the Home serial number only cost me $19.99. I also found out I had to have better than starter edition for it to detect my 2GB ram properly. Just setting it up tonight, and I might add some thoughts later.

Netbook + ram upgrade + windows upgrade = $426 out the door.

toshibanetbook1.jpg

toshibanetbook2.jpg

toshibanetbook3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a change. Don't think I could deal with anything smaller the say a 12" screen or the ultra low 1024x600 rez :-/
That's still a bit better then my smart phone though ;)

Let us know how this thing treats you after a few days.

Its just a couch system really. And to bring to work for browsing. So far, it works good. Sometimes I see the internet be a bit slow, but its a slow machine. I raised my TX value on my wireless to 100% to try and get best signal. I bet it would be better hard wired, but who does that anymore..

Keys are comfortable, solid construction, touch pad fine. Have an extra A/C power on order also, for my work desk.

ok so i lied... the slowness is starting to get to me... ill prob go buy that fat Asus with i7 and HD5870 video..

Back