Samsung Q9F HDR Issues

XViper

Gawd
I'm running a Nvidia Shield on this TV but according to the manual, in order to set HDR, I have to use this function called HDMI UHD Color. The issue is that once I turn this on, the screen flickers and doesn't display anything on the TV. It comes up as no signal. If I leave the function off, the screen is fine. In the menu, it shows HDR in the color settings so it appears it's working already.

Is there a way to confirm that HDR is working? Should I try different cables?

Does the shield automatically set for HDR and doesn't require the setting to be made on the TV?

I heard that Playstation Pro needs this on otherwise it won't display HDR.

I have to turn that setting on for my samsung

I'm thinking I also have to turn this function on as well but the Nvidia Shield doesn't seem to like it. I'm going to try to replace the cables and then see what happens.

On your color settings, does it show HDR active already?

my shield is automatic, i leave that setting on. When hdr content is on if i hit the number button on my remote it shows hdr active... else it just shows the 4k resolution.

I'm thinking I also have to turn this function on as well but the Nvidia Shield doesn't seem to like it. I'm going to try to replace the cables and then see what happens.

On your color settings, does it show HDR active already?

Had the same issue after turning on the UHD color feature on my samsung TV. Turns out the cable was the issue.

You should be able to confirm HDR is working by opening the Netflix app and making sure HDR enabled series display the HDR logo.

FYI, im using the below cable, but I'd recommend something shorter if you can help it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031TRZX2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• netflixhdrpanasonic-1l.jpg
    netflixhdrpanasonic-1l.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Had the same issue after turning on the UHD color feature on my samsung TV. Turns out the cable was the issue.

You should be able to confirm HDR is working by opening the Netflix app and making sure HDR enabled series display the HDR logo.

FYI, im using the below cable, but I'd recommend something shorter if you can help it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031TRZX2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Awesome. I'm going to try a different cable today.

I bought the recommended cable and it worked perfectly. Now it's a matter of figuring which setting on the Nvidia Shield would be optimal.

I also was able to confirm HDR is working. I found it under a few series in the Netflix app.

Back