• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung Portable SSD T1

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
The fellas over at Tech Report put the Samsung portable SSD T1 to the test today. Here's a quote from the full review:

SAMSUNG INTRODUCED a portable version of its 850 EVO SSD during the barrage of CES news earlier this month. The USB 3.0 drive crams up to a terabyte of storage into a tiny, featherweight shell small enough to fit inside the extra little pocket on a pair of blue jeans. We've been playing with the Portable SSD T1 in our labs, and we can now tell you what it's like to actually use the thing.
 
Looks cool but brushed aluminum would have been better for looks and durability.
 
Definitely a nice looking enclosure, but I am more inclined to use a standard 2.5" drive with a USB enclosure for this, seeing how the premium they charge is basically the cost of the enclosure. At least that way I can at least still keep the 5 YO warranty on the drive itself.
 
Definitely a nice looking enclosure, but I am more inclined to use a standard 2.5" drive with a USB enclosure for this, seeing how the premium they charge is basically the cost of the enclosure. At least that way I can at least still keep the 5 YO warranty on the drive itself.

well put, I agree
 
Definitely a nice looking enclosure, but I am more inclined to use a standard 2.5" drive with a USB enclosure for this, seeing how the premium they charge is basically the cost of the enclosure. At least that way I can at least still keep the 5 YO warranty on the drive itself.

You can also just get the sata to usb3 cable and use it like this.
 
Back
Top