Samsung Note 8

Hey, it's an expensive piece of kit. If you're paying that much, you'd better be thoroughly satisfied with it.

Agreed. The fact that I was told it was to essentially justify my purchase of another phone is ridiculous at every level. Especially when I've stated very clearly the reasoning. Lol.

You know, I'd like to see more of those kinda "here's what I use on my phone and why" sorta videos, since most people only talk about stock, pre-loaded apps on a phone when reviewing them alongside the typical bullet points.

For instance, I use OneNote instead of S Note/Samsung Notes; it's a hell of a lot more portable in terms of being able to access my notes elsewhere (the Windows version of S Note on the Windows Store was crap by comparison), and I have years-old notebooks in that format owing to my Tablet PC-toting college years that I can still go in and review on a whim. Digital inking is just like on a Tablet PC running full-fledged Windows, except I can't use the side button to lasso or erase, sadly.

It is - dare I say - the best piece of software Microsoft has ever created, yet is still kinda unknown even though the UWP version is bundled with Windows 10 by default.

Then for music, maybe instead of Google Play Music or Samsung Music, there's a need for something like Droidsound-E for .VGM or module/tracker format support (surprise, I'm big into chiptunes!), or YMusic for streaming stuff off of YouTube. If I had something like an ObjectiveDAC, then I might be inclined to use USB Audio Player PRO, but I just keep things simple and use the built-in headphone jack for output to external stereo setups.

I'm just keeping things simple here, otherwise I could ramble on for a long while. That's something better suited to a YouTube video... hmmm, maybe I should throw my hat in and show 'em how it's done. Just have to find a suitable means of mounting a smartphone over a table for recording's sake.

Are people in the US buying the international exynos note 8s through ebay?

I am on tmobile, and as far as I can see the international note 8 does not support tmobiles band 12 LTE (VOLTE/ extended LTE)

Did anyone here move from a iPhone over to the Note 8? My contract just ran it's course, and I've been having some issues with my iOS devices. (6s/SE). I'm already so integrated into iOS that it feels impossible to move over, especially with iMessage/Live photo. Did any of you feel regret over switching over? I'm really not looking to spend $1300 dollars on a iPhone X, especially since it looks like it was designed with Will Arnetts hairline in mind.

Did anyone here move from a iPhone over to the Note 8? My contract just ran it's course, and I've been having some issues with my iOS devices. (6s/SE). I'm already so integrated into iOS that it feels impossible to move over, especially with iMessage/Live photo. Did any of you feel regret over switching over? I'm really not looking to spend $1300 dollars on a iPhone X, especially since it looks like it was designed with Will Arnetts hairline in mind.

I did for a month. But moved back to a 8 plus now. Being without imessage and other features was hard to do since my whole family has iPhones. I just like iOS better I guess, and having MACs, iPads, and stuff, it all works together nicely.

From playing around with the Note 8 and the Pixel 2 XL. I'd say go for the Pixel 2 XL. Better battery life and smoother than the Note 8 and its noticeable. So if you're someone who enjoys a smooth phone experience, always the latest updates as Google fires them off, the Pixel 2 XL is the way to go.

Also, and the fact that the Note 8 does not have the 2880x1440 resolution natively means they aren't even confident of that resolution themselves. I don't believe the Pixel 2 XL has a FHD resolution on by default (like the Note 8 does), but maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

From playing around with the Note 8 and the Pixel 2 XL. I'd say go for the Pixel 2 XL. Better battery life and smoother than the Note 8 and its noticeable. So if you're someone who enjoys a smooth phone experience, always the latest updates as Google fires them off, the Pixel 2 XL is the way to go.

Also, and the fact that the Note 8 does not have the 2880x1440 resolution natively means they aren't even confident of that resolution themselves. I don't believe the Pixel 2 XL has a FHD resolution on by default (like the Note 8 does), but maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I saw a speed test; it's not that much more noticeable speed-wise. The Note 8 was nipping on the Pixel 2 XL's heels aside from loading Datawing; any prior Samsung flagship would've eaten dust due to being total lagfests after a while. We'll see if it stays that way after a feature update or two, because Samsung has quite the nasty reputation to shake regarding their software. (Just look at those XDA-developers articles regarding "embarrassing real-world performance" and how the Note 8 is no longer an embarassment, outperforming the OnePlus 5 in responsiveness.)

I wouldn't mind a slightly smoother experience, but with Samsung closing the gap in responsiveness, it's a trade-off I'm more than willing to make for the Wacom pen and far superior multi-tasking features, not to mention microSD storage and a headphone jack. Then again, anyone who's coming from an iPhone never had the former, and possibly didn't have the latter either if coming from the 7.

Also, I should emphasize that Samsung's flagships this year may default at 1080p, but it's trivial to go on and set them to render at 1440p, which wouldn't be an option if the screen didn't have that as a native resolution to begin with. (There's the whole RGB/PenTile subpixel debate when comparing Samsung panels, but that's another story.) I run my Note 8 at 1440p all the time and don't notice a performance deficit because of it.

Another display note: the Note 8 doesn't crush its darkest grayscale black levels. The Pixel 2 XL does, as documented on Reddit, and I consider that even more unacceptable than the blue tint off-axis because it's clearly a software problem that can be solved in later updates.

Google needs to get their act together on consistent grayscale and color management if they want to be taken seriously for the prices they want to charge for a Pixel over their old Nexus line. Limiting both Pixel 2 models' screen to sRGB gamut across the board is not an acceptable workaround to lack of color management when AdobeRGB, DCI-P3 and HDR content is on the rise, and ICC profile support should've been a thing years ago. Oh, and it's not the fact that LG supplies the screens, either, because the V30 uses the same panels and doesn't suffer from black crush because they at least know what they're doing on the software end of things.

I want Google to be competitive here, don't get me wrong, but the Pixel 2 lineup just seems to be, as someone put it, "the iPhone of Android." Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you.

You're definitely bang on for the display though. In terms of how things look, the Note 8 display is amazing. The battery life (imo) wasn't up to what I had hoped for. I'm not sure how much of a performance hit the 2880x1440 took over FHD but I was always on QHD+ the moment I got the phone.

I did for a month. But moved back to a 8 plus now. Being without imessage and other features was hard to do since my whole family has iPhones. I just like iOS better I guess, and having MACs, iPads, and stuff, it all works together nicely.
That’s the issue I’m having as well, my entire family has iMessage and it’s really convenient. It just sucks that I’m forced into getting phones just because of a messaging system

Just bought myself the Note 8 Emperor Edition in Deep Sea Blue color. Should be here Wednesday. I'm stoked.

Update: phone came a day early! It's in my hands right now. This is one beautiful phone...pics coming later after I get the screen protector installed.

Last edited:
Well, here I am, using the phone as we speak. As a self professed flashaholic, I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised; a lot of the features that we have had to hack for come baked into the ROM by default.

There's no denying just how beautiful the phone is. I never thought there'd come a day when a device's beauty factored into my purchasing decisions, but I guess that happens as you "mature". :D

The screen is out of this world (looking at you, Pixel 2 XL...), and the form factor is just perfect. The only, only thing I can nitpick on it is the fact that it is a massive fingerprint magnet. Doesn't matter anymore for me as it came with a clear Samsung case that the phone is sitting in now.

Speeds are perfect, call clarity is good and loud. The vibration could be a bit stronger, as could the speaker, but those aren't really concerns.

All in all, I am very, very happy with this purchase. :)

That's the exynos version? I wonder just how much better it is over the SD835 version.

That's the exynos version? I wonder just how much better it is over the SD835 version.

Yes, it's the Exynos version. I got it specifically because it's unlocked (bootloader AND bands) and can be rooted. Not so for the SD 835, which is locked to all hell.

Also, it's generally accepted that the Exynos is overall better because it's Samsung's own silicon, and therefore better optimized, both in speed and power.

Yes, it's the Exynos version. I got it specifically because it's unlocked (bootloader AND bands) and can be rooted. Not so for the SD 835, which is locked to all hell.

Also, it's generally accepted that the Exynos is overall better because it's Samsung's own silicon, and therefore better optimized, both in speed and power.

Yup, the Exynos version is what I would have preferred and it probably would have kept me on the Note 8. What is the best way to get the emperor edition? I like the Exynos chip way way way better than snapdragon. Sucks that Samsung Canada has switched over to snapdragon for their Samsung devices too... making it easier for them since U.S still uses cdma in areas (WTF???????????).

Qualcomm supposedly has a far better GPU in recent years (ask people who run emulators like Dolphin), but the latest Exynos can handle 4K60 video recording and then some, which the SD835 can't. Gotta love tradeoffs.

I don't get why Samsung doesn't just go Exynos across the board, really. They have done it before (Note 2, S6, Note 5), they just tend not to - and because the Snapdragon versions that aren't sold in Hong Kong are locked starting with the S7, any documentation advantages Qualcomm has over Samsung for developer support are a largely moot point.

Alas, paying $781 or so for a phone after trading in an S5 was a bit much to stomach already, and that's with the luxury of paying it off over two years. That wasn't going to happen with importing an Exynos variant, nice as it would be to have the 256 GB version alongside an unlocked bootloader.

And yes, large swathes of the US still rely on CDMA. You can thank Verizon and Sprint for that, moreso the former. Half the reason I wanted my family to dump Sprint for T-Mobile years ago was just to have a greater phone selection, since the notion of a universal unlocked phone that works on both CDMA and GSM networks here is a very recent development (Moto X Pure Edition, Galaxy S7 and later, possibly certain iPhone models) that most unlocked-only phone vendors like OnePlus simply don't bother with.

P.S.: As pointless as some people find mobile payments in general, it never ceases to amuse me when I prove to various employees at POS terminals, even "15-year-old" ones, that yes, Samsung Pay DOES work if I just have physical access to the mag-stripe scanner. Just did that at a restaurant tonight, and they told me it's the first time that has ever worked.

Well, finally (at least in my opinion) Samsung has created a commercial that I actually like and it slams Apple pretty damned hard, or perhaps "BTFO" is what the cool hip kids say these days, who knows. All I do know is I like the commercial and appreciate the slams:

Well, finally (at least in my opinion) Samsung has created a commercial that I actually like and it slams Apple pretty damned hard, or perhaps "BTFO" is what the cool hip kids say these days, who knows. All I do know is I like the commercial and appreciate the slams:

Too bad that commercial is way out dated. iPhone has wireless charging, water resistance that has been tested to out survive the Samsungs better, photos stored in icloud, so space isn't an issue any longer (like what Google does), and like Jobs said, why do you need a stylus when you have 5 fingers that can do the same thing.

Too bad that commercial is way out dated. iPhone has wireless charging, water resistance that has been tested to out survive the Samsungs better, photos stored in icloud, so space isn't an issue any longer (like what Google does), and like Jobs said, why do you need a stylus when you have 5 fingers that can do the same thing.

I think that was the point, Apple has been playing catchup for a couple of generations now.

I'll have you know, that Wacom EMR pen is exactly what makes the Galaxy Note better than any non-Galaxy Note phone at the moment, and not having any alternative options really hurts when I would've loved to see the LG V-series or the new Razer Phone offer that capability. Steve Jobs was WRONG, and Apple ultimately realized this when the iPad Pro offered the Pencil alongside it.

Sure, you can try fingerpainting, and some people are really good at that. But there's a reason professional artists shell out the big bucks for something like a Wacom Cintiq, and a reason why college students with the dosh for a Tablet PC and OneNote have gone paperless in math class for over a decade.

If anything, that commercial missed a few more potential shots fired, things like the original iPhone not having 3G, an App Store, or even cut/copy/paste. I still remember all of that, all of the things that the iPhone couldn't do that Windows Mobile and even Palm OS could, and hell, it took until iOS 11 just now for them to even attempt file management without jailbreaking.

Then there's microSD for mass-media storage expansion and not being a wall-hugger for battery charge, but we all know where Samsung went after the S6...

I think that was the point, Apple has been playing catchup for a couple of generations now.

THIS, a million times this, which was the point entirely.

I'll have you know, that Wacom EMR pen is exactly what makes the Galaxy Note better than any non-Galaxy Note phone at the moment, and not having any alternative options really hurts when I would've loved to see the LG V-series or the new Razer Phone offer that capability. Steve Jobs was WRONG, and Apple ultimately realized this when the iPad Pro offered the Pencil alongside it.

And don't forget that the rumor mill is always running: the rumors for the past few months are that Apple is considering making a device like an iPhone of some size and form factor that could potentially come with a stylus - not a full tablet device aka iPad mini or Pro or anything that large but a "phablet" as the term is known and used nowadays.

Sure, you can try fingerpainting, and some people are really good at that. But there's a reason professional artists shell out the big bucks for something like a Wacom Cintiq, and a reason why college students with the dosh for a Tablet PC and OneNote have gone paperless in math class for over a decade.

If anything, that commercial missed a few more potential shots fired, things like the original iPhone not having 3G, an App Store, or even cut/copy/paste. I still remember all of that, all of the things that the iPhone couldn't do that Windows Mobile and even Palm OS could, and hell, it took until iOS 11 just now for them to even attempt file management without jailbreaking.

Then there's microSD for mass-media storage expansion and not being a wall-hugger for battery charge, but we all know where Samsung went after the S6...

Wall hugger but I saw more people running dry with androids. I owned the note 8 and only used the pen a few times. I’ve used and owned all the notes actually. A pen on a tablet makes sense. Not on a phone. Jobs was still right.

Wall hugger but I saw more people running dry with androids. I owned the note 8 and only used the pen a few times. I’ve used and owned all the notes actually. A pen on a tablet makes sense. Not on a phone. Jobs was still right.

I'm surprised you say this, especially since you say you owned all the Notes.

When I first bought the Note 3, the stylus was an afterthought to me. But then I actually started using it on a regular basis, and it made sense. A whole lot of sense, actually. When I had to sell it and get the Nexus 6P, I missed the stylus every single day. I will tell you I am so glad to have gotten it back now that I have the Note 8, and I've already put it to good use.

That's a surprise for the same reasons jyi786 stated - you owned possibly every single Galaxy Note phone to be released. It'd be odd not to take advantage of its standout feature.

As for how I use it? Marking up photos helps a lot, particularly if I'm working on a bit of hardware. Signing documents digitally is a breeze. Heck, I can even attempt doodling in my free time, though that's where the screen size really feels claustrophobic (I start wanting like 10" to 13.3" of screen space, maybe even 27" if I were ever affluent enough to afford a Cintiq 27QHD).

I think Jobs meant that statement in an era of pocket computers where everything was too small UI-wise to tap with one's fingers, so he decided to forego that and also push multi-touch gestures into the mainstream. This created a major divide - people who wanted resistive digitizers because they didn't care about multi-touch and wanted the accuracy of the stylus, and people who wanted capacitive multi-touch and a finger-friendly UI.

The Galaxy Note closed that divide. It offered the best of both worlds; in fact, it makes people not miss resistive digitizers at all because the one thing they're particularly good at is done far better with Wacom EMR or similar active pen tech. It's the PDA of the 21st century, no compromises, and it implemented pen and touch as distinct input paradigms like Microsoft was smart enough to do on the Tablet PC side of things.

This is why, for example, you can use a single finger to pan around in OneNote, but use the pen specifically for inking (and in the Windows version, lasso select via side button right-click). I can set up Clover Paint the same way, which is a big reason why I prefer it over every other Android art app.

Touch to navigate, pen to create. They work together rather than competing.

Heck, this ties into some of the uses for the pen that don't involve handwriting or drawing. Since it has a hover cursor, this means you get mouse-like precision, and with the side button, you can hold it down for grab-and-drag, or just hold it and tap on a browser link to immediately open the context menu instead of the usual tap-and-hold approach. This even works on AOSP-derived ROMs.

One thing that I still need to find a "stock Android" alternative for is the translate feature, though. The Note 8 uses the pen's hover cursor to run OCR on whatever you want translated, and it even works to an extent on photos, not just text. Comes in really handy for stuff like Japanese and Korean text. There's also the subtle upgrade of translating entire paragraphs rather than single words.

So yes, even though I see where Jobs was coming from, I still think he's wrong in that he hadn't really considered the benefits of active pen input - something he should have considered given the Macintosh's prominence among digitally creative sorts. Wouldn't be the first time he was wrong either, ranging from the insistence that the Apple III have no fans to the iMac's infamous "hockey puck" mouse to the Power Mac G4 Cube being overpriced and underpowered - a perfect example of form over function compared to a typical drawbridge tower case Power Mac G4 of the time.

Well said. ^^

Aside from the stylus, does anyone count AOD as screen-on-time? I'm getting real, kick-a** battery life from this phone. My first go-round with AOD enabled, I got 7 hours of SOT just from AOD, and about 3.5 hours regular SOT.

I've since disabled AOD since I'd rather use that battery life for SOT. I am getting 6 hours SOT with heavy usage, and that's without AOD.

Great replies. I loved the note 8 no doubt. But it was too tall now for my liking and the damn curved screen still bothered me. I did use the pen just like you said for marking up stuff, taking notes, and so on. It worked when I needed it but it was pretty rare that I used it. I can easily give that up though because I used it so little.

Another month, more Note 8 impressions.

-This phone still feels pretty responsive overall. Sure, it might take a quarter-second to a half-second before it pulls up Samsung Internet after tapping it on my launcher (something that lighter apps don't do), but that could just as easily to do with the fact that I almost always use Secret mode, which taps into the KNOX framework. Firefox Focus comes up instantly, by contrast, but that's just one tab compared to 30-something tabs (yes, really) in Samsung Internet. The Note 4 with LineageOS 14.1 is more responsive here and there, but also more likely to drop frames when scrolling due to the older, weaker SD805 driving a 1440p screen. (eMMC instead of UFS may also be a factor.)
-I'm more or less used to the fingerprint scanner position at this point and find it perfectly usable in my right hand, except for where Samsung Pay is involved. That makes having a rear-mounted scanner a kludge in general, since I have to keep my phone away from the terminal until I see that it's gone into payment mode because my hand's in the way. However, my left index finger isn't getting read again. Gonna have to re-enroll at this rate...
-The fingerprint scanner takes a quarter-second to a half-second when (reliably) recognizing my right index finger from standby before it wakes. This actually makes it slower than the iris scanner in conditions where the iris scanner can get a reliable read (generally not in direct sunlight).
-The built-in Photo Editor Pro (which needs to be accessed through a menu rather than being integrated into Samsung's main gallery app, for whatever reason) can be a bit touchy when I'm adjusting blur filter effects, even when using the pen for more precision in adjusting position and overall geometry. I should try finding an alternative somewhere that still has pressure-sensitive pen inking/annotation, especially one that I can install on my Note 4 (which currently runs LineageOS 14.1 and thus does not run a TouchWiz deriative any longer).
-Unlike the Note 4, the Note 8 has a tendency to poke out of my pants pocket in certain situations. I think I understand what people mean by it being too tall now, though I can live with it.
-I've also had the end of the S Pen just pop out like I pressed it, except I didn't do that and just had it in my pocket the whole time, noticing it was extended when I went to pull it out. Seems like even my Caseology Vault can't keep things from pressing down on the rear end of the pen unintentionally. Needless to say, this is one of those cases where I find the simpler, exposed-end approach of the older Note pens (Note 4 and prior) to be considerably better.
-The latest firmware version I have on my US unlocked N950U1 model is QI5 with the August 2017 security patch still. I would've expected at least one more security update by now, even if Oreo probably isn't happening until next year (and I'm skeptical they'll bother with supporting Project Treble proper when they do).
-For all my apparent nitpicking, though, the Note 8 is still a very pleasant, slick phone to use overall. No real regrets here, other than that Samsung isn't ever going to go back to the ideals that made the Note 4 such a great phone and that nobody else makes penabled phones. (How many times do I have to ask LG to put an active pen digitizer in their V-series so I can consider dropping Samsung?)

We'll still need a few more months and an actual Oreo update to find out whether or not the days of "Lagwiz" are over, though. It's only been out for two months, and most of the complaints tend to hit in full force around the six-month mark.

I like everything about this phone except the fingerprint scanner placement. I also find facial recognition mostly useless. It is on but my fingerprint unlocks the phone before my face ever does.

I have a Moto X4 for example for my work phone, or the old Note 5, both of which had the front scanner and it is just way more convenient. It's a small detail but unlocking your phone is probably one of the most frequent actions you take so it is noticeable.

Hi!

I've now joined the club. :happy: Just got mine today. I took advantage of T-Mobile's BOGO sale. Don't really know what to do with the other since no one in my family is interested. So I'm selling it to a fellow [H] member.

With that said, I have 14 days to purchase insurance for it. It's $10/month over 2 years; deductible is $175 for a replacement. I've had an older phone for almost 5 years with no cracks on it. Is it worth the additional expense to have it insured? One of the sales rep at T-Mobile had a IPhone X cracked (fell from hip distance) :eek:.

I like everything about this phone except the fingerprint scanner placement. I also find facial recognition mostly useless. It is on but my fingerprint unlocks the phone before my face ever does.

I have a Moto X4 for example for my work phone, or the old Note 5, both of which had the front scanner and it is just way more convenient. It's a small detail but unlocking your phone is probably one of the most frequent actions you take so it is noticeable.
I noticed that people have a habit of trying face recognition unlock, but not the iris scanner. Personally, I don't see a point in the former, as it's not even considered secure enough for Samsung Pay (iris and fingerprint only), and the latter works just fine most of the time - even faster than the fingerprint scanner, as I've mentioned before.

But yeah, the home button/scanner combo was so much more convenient. The only reason I didn't use it on my Note 4 nearly as much was that it was a swipe scanner as opposed to a touch one, and since I generally wear gloves at work, I'd have to use pattern unlock anyway. Iris recognition doesn't have that problem.

I've now joined the club. :happy: Just got mine today. I took advantage of T-Mobile's BOGO sale. Don't really know what to do with the other since no one in my family is interested. So I'm selling it to a fellow [H] member.

With that said, I have 14 days to purchase insurance for it. It's $10/month over 2 years; deductible is $175 for a replacement. I've had an older phone for almost 5 years with no cracks on it. Is it worth the additional expense to have it insured? One of the sales rep at T-Mobile had a IPhone X cracked (fell from hip distance) :eek:.
Generally speaking, I don't find insurance to be all that worth it, simply because that's $240 over two years on top of the $175 deductible that you're paying even if you ultimately don't need it. I certainly didn't need it on my Note 4, which mainly just has the usual scuffs on its polished aluminum bezel and still has its screen perfectly intact after three years. My ideal sort of insurance is to just buy a case and not worry about errant drops breaking something.

I'm betting that after the first year, once the Note 9 is out, the Note 8 will be half the price. Should one need a replacement due to cracked screens or whatever, the $295 or so you could've spent at the halfway mark could just be put toward an entirely new replacement.

That's just me, though. Obviously, if you wind up breaking your phone within the first year, it pays off big time to have insurance, given how ludicrously expensive the Note 8 is.

Interested in knowing the lag on this phone as I already gave up on it. Already seeing reports around the internet of lagwiz acting up.

I tend to use my phone hardcore. I have not experienced any lag to date. And I am OCD about lag; I can notice it very, very quickly, even if very subtle, and it annoys the hell out of me. This phone makes my Nexus 6P feel positively ancient.

I noticed that people have a habit of trying face recognition unlock, but not the iris scanner. Personally, I don't see a point in the former, as it's not even considered secure enough for Samsung Pay (iris and fingerprint only), and the latter works just fine most of the time - even faster than the fingerprint scanner, as I've mentioned before.

Funny, I totally must have overlooked or forgotten about the iris scanner. I'll give it a try, thanks.

I need a note 8 case recommendation. I am looking for good drop protection for those damn curved edges that shatter when you look at your phone. I can live with the extra bulk.

I need a note 8 case recommendation. I am looking for good drop protection for those damn curved edges that shatter when you look at your phone. I can live with the extra bulk.
I use the Caseology Vault. It's cheap, sturdy, has a nice grippy texture, doesn't add too much bulk, pops on and off easily (important for DeX and Gear VR users), won't interfere with a Whitestone Dome Glass installation (the two actually go together pretty nicely), and it's already saved my phone from two drops that certainly would've been nasty without a case. On top of all that, the sloped window beside the camera cutout makes finding the fingerprint scanner a heck of a lot easier since you can just run your finger up the side and feel for the slope, then slide inward.
https://www.amazon.com/Caseology-Protective-Absorbing-Protection-Textured/dp/B074NGCSX8/

Sure, you'll have to wait for snail mail or pay up for expedited shipping (Amazon Prime or otherwise), but I honestly have nothing to complain about with this case even a few months later. Heck, even their Vault series cases for other phones like the Pixel 2 look pretty slick.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Did anyone notice on the last scene with the guy standing in line, with a notch on his forehead? Hilarious.....!

Hi!

If you have a Wells Fargo card and pay your wireless bill on it, you get their cellular protection:

"Pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card and you'll get up to $600 protection (subject to a $25 deductible).

Coverage may include up to four cell phones as listed on your wireless cell phone bill. The cellular telephone is protected against damage or theft, however coverage does not include cell phones that are lost."

A friend picked up a few Exynos Note 8 phones and offered to sell me one for $700. Anyone root and ROM one of these? Notice any improvement in battery life, speed, smoothness, lag, etc.?

A friend picked up a few Exynos Note 8 phones and offered to sell me one for $700. Anyone root and ROM one of these? Notice any improvement in battery life, speed, smoothness, lag, etc.?

I did.

Mine is rooted and ROMed with Resurrection ROM. So smooth and awesome, and pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to do more. Most everything I had on the ROM for my Nexus 6P (Pure Nexus) is on this phone either by default or in some other similar implementation.

And battery life is VERY good. I can easily make it a full day of heavy usage with 6 hour SOT.

Back