SAMSUNG MZNTD256HAGL

ToddW2

2[H]4U
I happened to accumulate 2 of these 256 m.2 SSD drives. Samsung Model MZNTD256HAGL

Does anyone know of a PCIE card that will allow the raid0 of the 2 drives? Or for both to operate at maximum performance on a single PCIE card?

So I guess theoretically if your system can recognize these as individual drives you could potentially RAID0 them.

or maybe these? But your system might see it as 1 capacity.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
First problem, they are SATA-2 and were sold as laptop drives and the newer drives are faster.

SSDs just don't buy you much in RAID-0 and with the newer models it buys you even less.

Depending on hours used you might want to check them with Samsung's software and try to determine how much life is left especially on older drives that are out of production.

Just some thoughts...

So I guess theoretically if your system can recognize these as individual drives you could potentially RAID0 them.

or maybe these? But your system might see it as 1 capacity.

Thanks, I have the "single" one, I am looking for a dual that's raid0 friendly, but a dual that shows 2 drives is better than 2 singles that's for sure :)

First problem, they are SATA-2 and were sold as laptop drives and the newer drives are faster.

SSDs just don't buy you much in RAID-0 and with the newer models it buys you even less.

Depending on hours used you might want to check them with Samsung's software and try to determine how much life is left especially on older drives that are out of production.

Just some thoughts...

Uhm, Ok.
Didn't ask for your opinion.
Your facts are wrong. <-- Product Spects Show SATA III 6.0Gb/s.

But thank you for replying with nonsense, and not AT ALL what this thread was about ;)

I didn't ask for performance numbers, I just wanted 1 simple raid0 volume that performed at max perf. of these two cards :) I don't care about overall ssd max performance, for that we have NVME.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yea, again I've never used those dual boards, if you do end up using one let me know how it works, I have an older system that has an open 16x PCIe 2.0 slot that I would use this with.

I ordered 2 or 3 PCIE single boards today, and plan to use 2... as it seems even the dual card needs another PCIE slot, so that doesn't save anything.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I also have a S3500 for testing too, interested to see how latency is on that vs the 2.5 version. Doesn't appear much improved :)

Back