• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung HD204UI 1TB fix

Andhar

Console Gamerz Rulez
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
1,932
For some reason these drives don't always show up as 2TB but instead as 1TB.. I RMA'd one drive and the second did the same thing on 2 other computers.. SO I figured after an unsuccessful search on google that it wasn't the OS but instead the drive.

Samsung makes great drives but god their support site sucks balls. I finally came across this page

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

for some reason the drive wasn't set to it's native size, so using the utility above I recovered the correct size and sure enough it worked.

I hope this link saves someone time and a headache.
 
Where did you buy the HD204UI drives from? What was their manufacture date?
 
Newegg, they were made back in feb/march of this year.
 
I wish it was that easy, I tried those drives on 2 other computers and had the same result. oh well problem solved I guess.
 
Back
Top