Samsung have offered me a free upgrade, should I take it ?

lowrider007

Weaksauce
Hell, yes- grab it!

Ignoring the extra screen size (insignificant on that scale), the T-series is Samsung's professional line. All the nice features appear here long before they make it anywhere else. Take this from a guy that's owned a 191T for god-knows-how-long (replaced with a 940MW for college), it's well worth investing in one of these with your own money, let alone getting one for free.

My 191T was Samsung's first monitor with dual inputs (VGA and DVI), and was one of Samsung's VERY few screens with built-in swiveling base. The only other one I'm familiar with is the much cheaper V-series. In addition, it boasted ultra-high contrast ratios, and pretty respectable response times for its day. It was also the brightest screen, by far.

Wow, congrats!

Yea, I just picked up a 225bw a couple of nights ago and this thing is buzzing about as loud as my cordless razor, just higher pitched. I've decided to return it to bestbuy though and just purchased a dell 2407. Maybe I should have sent my Sammy back to samsung instead and bank on the possibilty of a free upgrade.? :D

Sammy has excellent CS,I bought a 955DF crt from them 3 years ago,and it died a few months before the warranty expired.At the time it kicked it,I was thinking of getting a low to mid range 19" lcd to replace my wifes aging 17" LG lcd.So I called for an RMA,and guess what they asked me ? Would you like a NIB 930B LCD as a replacement ? :eek: Of course I said yes.I shipped the crt back ground,and 3 weeks after I shipped it I got an email telling me they had recieved the crt,and had shipped out the LCD.The next day as I was leaving for classes,UPS shows up,with teh lcd ! Literally the next day.I at best expected a 3 to 5 day wait,but no next day.

thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll take it then :D , If I find the input lag to be a major annoyance then I'll just ebay it and get a different panel.

Wow! I wouldnt take too much time thinking about it if I were you. 244T is $800 pro line monitor VS. that garbage you bought.

What's funny is that all 225BW suffer from pretty bad backlight bleeding (top and bottom), generally accepted because their so chep :)

Back