Samsung has New AI Plans to Further Destroy Language

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Samsung announced plans today to unveil its new Creative Lab "Toonsquare" project at the SXSW 2018 show. Seeing how the internet has already destroyed many's ability to form a sentence using proper grammar and punctuation, it makes me wonder how well AI will work to convert a sentence typed into one of its phones into a cartoon.

Toonsquare, an artificial intelligence application which automatically converts a sentence into a cartoon, allowing users to easily make their own cartoons. The app first allows users to choose a character from the pre-sets the app offers or create a character based on pictures of themselves. Second, the app analyses text put in by the user to figure out the emotion and movements implied in the sentence. It then recommends proper facial expressions as well as appropriate gestures of the character. Backgrounds, fonts, and speech bubbles can also be customized to create a cartoon or a picture diary.

GADGET, a real-time ad auction platform for in-game ads. Most in-game ads are pop-up or interstitial ads which tend to interfere with gamers’ experiences. GADGET helps the ads blend into the game by serving them as native objects in areas like billboards in the background. Game developers can easily import the GADGET plug-in to place ads with just a few clicks. Ads are sold to advertisers real-time via automated trading platform. The ad content is updated in real-time, interfacing with the GADGET server, and can be targeted based on gamers’ preferences.

im waiting for when all those in home devices like the echo dot..etc are turned around and set to give subliminal ads whispered to us in our sleep, so we wake up hungry for some specific food or wanting some product.. and dont really know why

...but I bet its also along the lines of users being beta testers so samsung gets 'coding' experience into getting AI's understanding of human emotion better. Its a hard nut to crack. And even if AI is better than it was, AI needs to be even better if its going to get a 'trusted' robot certification.

I-robot (no not an apple product, asimov :) ) rules of human interaction does no good if the code is inherently faulty. Making AI generate a comic gives quick confirmation if the code is correctly assessing a sentence:

Comix #1 - Guy sitting at a table, looking at a written sentence and telling it that it will be OK.

Comix #2 - Guy sitting at a table, on a phone telling client who was wrongly accused that it will be OK.

Which one gets a pass........:confused:

They'll create a generation of Pictionary virtuosi. Board game night will never be the same! THE MONSTERS!

im waiting for when all those in home devices like the echo dot..etc are turned around and set to give subliminal ads whispered to us in our sleep, so we wake up hungry for some specific food or wanting some product.. and dont really know why

This sounds like a possible plot device for a Black Mirror Episode....hmmmmm

GADGET, a real-time ad auction platform for in-game ads. Most in-game ads are pop-up or interstitial ads which tend to interfere with gamers’ experiences. GADGET helps the ads blend into the game by serving them as native objects in areas like billboards in the background. Game developers can easily import the GADGET plug-in to place ads with just a few clicks. Ads are sold to advertisers real-time via automated trading platform. The ad content is updated in real-time, interfacing with the GADGET server, and can be targeted based on gamers’ preferences.

San-Francisco RUSH called. They want their idea back.

I was thinking more along the lines of every time that you play, a new set of ads is generated. So you might have Nvidia billboards on lap one, Stay Free tampon advertising on lap two, and Mighty Dog dog food ads on lap three.

I was thinking more along the lines of every time that you play, a new set of ads is generated. So you might have Nvidia billboards on lap one, Stay Free tampon advertising on lap two, and Mighty Dog dog food ads on lap three.

I honestly thought Gran Tourismo already had this.

Ok it's official. Time to get off this planet.
No.

Time for an asteroid to smack the planet & let someone else try to get it right.

34erm1h.jpg

Can you say "Idiocracy"?

We don't need anymore stupid language destruction silly ideas. This and emojis are just stupid! I want to see Star Trek level universal translation, stop messing around with this crap.

Back