Samsung Gear VR Newbie Question

psgeorge

n00b
I just purchased a Samsung Gear VR which I dock with my Samsung S7 edge. I downloaded a free VR game "Deep Space VR" from the Samsung Play Store on my S7. My question is... How do I play it. When I dock my phone into the VR headset, It automatically starts up with the Oculus home page and it's set of apps. I have been unable to figure out how to play a game I downloaded to my S7. Can it even be done? Does the app have to be downloaded to a specific directory. BTW, when I bought the Gear VR, the only thing in the box was the headset. There was no user manual. There seems to be very little information online as well. Anyway, I would appreciate any help on this subject. Thanks!

I dont have the gear vr but I know theres an app that disables the oculus program. Thats supposed to let you use google cardboard apps, if thats helpful

Here’s What You Need To Do
1.) Download Package Disabler on the Google Play Store. I recommend getting the $1.50 pro version to support the developers but the free version works fine.

2.) Open Package Disabler.

3.) Scroll down and check the box for “Gear VR Service”

4.) Now you are good to go! Open any Google Cardboard app. Watch any YouTube360 video. Play any Google Cardboard game.

5.) …

6.) Profit.

Thanks to everyone for their response. I now am able to play the Google cardboard apps.

Paul

Back