Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Destroyed

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SquareTrade, a company that sells insurance for all sorts of electronic devices, namely smartphones, gives the new Samsung S9 devices a fairly low score when it comes to breaking those. It comes down to this. If the S9 is not in a case and your drop it on anything other than your pillowtop mattress, you are pretty much going to be wishing your purchased the insurance. And while SquareTrade is of course looking to benefit the information, its testing shown below, seems to be very much realistic scenarios. Moral of the story is to pony up at least $9 when you buy a smartphone.

Check out the video.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So how many more years until we can get the hardware for smartphones just straight up implanted onto our neocortices? Won't need mobile device protection then because it will be covered under our government mandated health insurance.

And for those who want to complain about the possibility of cybernetic enhancements in our future... "Resistance is futile", bitches. You can't lose your job to the machines when you are the machine ;)

Honestly, you are a dummy if you spend this much money on a phone and don't put it in a case. I have dropped my S7 a few times now. The case has some battle scars but the phone is still pretty much immaculate. Sure, a case won't protect from all drop scenarios (sharp edge to the screen, etc) but the majority of drops will be to the case not the phone.

Honestly, you are a dummy if you spend this much money on a phone and don't put it in a case. I have dropped my S7 a few times now. The case has some battle scars but the phone is still pretty much immaculate. Sure, a case won't protect from all drop scenarios (sharp edge to the screen, etc) but the majority of drops will be to the case not the phone.
This. Honestly I don't get the boner companies have about making shit as thin as possible. Only for people to slap bulky case on these fragile as phones nowadays.

that is interesting information. I had my S8 for a long time, with micro pocket dust like scratches. Dropped mine well holding it 2"-4" to a wood table stattered. mind you mine survived another fall on pavement from higher up. perhaps the high up weakened the screen for the one that actually took it out. just off that a 2-4" drop would have done it in.

So how many more years until we can get the hardware for smartphones just straight up implanted onto our neocortices? Won't need mobile device protection then because it will be covered under our government mandated health insurance.

And for those who want to complain about the possibility of cybernetic enhancements in our future... "Resistance is futile", bitches. You can't lose your job to the machines when you are the machine ;)

Hopefully my cybernetic armor won't be made of glass.

Crazy how fragile the highest end phones are, doubly so with $1000 price tags.

I think full glass on both sides is kind of dumb and honestly a case or at the very least, tempered glass, is cheap insurance. But what ever happened to all these crazy gorilla glass claims? They still haven't seemed to figure it out this many years later.

Hopefully my cybernetic armor won't be made of glass.

Crazy how fragile the highest end phones are, doubly so with $1000 price tags.

More expensive the phone, the more fragile it is.

How does that saying go... A fool and his money are soon parted?

I think full glass on both sides is kind of dumb and honestly a case or at the very least, tempered glass, is cheap insurance. But what ever happened to all these crazy gorilla glass claims? They still haven't seemed to figure it out this many years later.

Gorilla Glass protects against most daily stuff from scratching a screen, the glass is much harder. Problem with harder glass is that it breaks more easily.

Later GG versions took away some of the scratch resistance to be better at not breaking, but at the end of the day it's still glass.

Don't forget, before GG we either had plastic or "regular" glass, and all our phones were scratched to shit, because tempered glass protectors weren't a thing yet either.

Back